MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 09-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Club Racer
View meecrob111's Photo Album

Default Viasue Lap Counter Received and Setup

I received my lap counter today. I take my hat off the Viasue, great communication, fast delivery..... thank you.

The device was easy to setup and installed without problem.

I have a couple of questions.

Can you setup a race to time multiple laps instead of just a lap. Say I wanted to know what a drivers time was for a 10 minute lap, will that show on the screen?

Also, for timed races, is there a way to get the clock on the screen with a countdown?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Club Racer
View VIASUE's Photo Album

Default Race Screens / Skins / Race Desktops

Thank You for the compliments ......It realy does help

About your questions:

Can you setup a race to time multiple laps instead of just a lap. Say I wanted to know what a drivers time was for a 10 minute lap, will that show on the screen?

Also, for timed races, is there a way to get the clock on the screen with a countdown?
Depending on the race software you may be able to get some of the options you are interested in. RC for example has different "Skins" we do not know a lot about this option but from what we understand you can pick from different "Skins" or Screens for your race desk top to us a windows term...they may have a skin like you are looking for. The developers of RC also happily take suggestions for "Skins"

In both RC and LT2K you can set the race to be for laps or a time limit. LT2K dose not have "Skins" but both will save the results to file that can then be shared or printed out.

If you have several drivers or want to network your race pc we recommend using "Windows Remote Desktop Manager " IF the race pc and the other devices are WIFI...like a smart phone or laptop, notepad etc. OR of course, you could use a router and allow direct connections or a wifi connection to the race pc but with all of todays wifi devices that can use W.R.D.M. it is a cool upgrade for group racing.

Not to sound like wise guys ....We always defer and refer to the software developers.....softwares help menus & of course the folks that designed the software and their web sites are the best source for accurate, reliable and detailed Race Software Information.....forums are very very helpfull but when it comes to Race Software the Developers are the go to pro's

We hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction :>)

VIASUE
Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Club Racer
View hoslotdoctor's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecrob111 View Post
That question doesn't make sense. Drivers time for a 10-minute lap? That would be 10 minutes (though it would have to be an absolutely gigantic track to have 10-minute lap time). Did you mean to say individual lap times on a 10-minute race? Both programs will show you all of the individual lap times after the race is over in the race results screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecrob111 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can set the Timer to count Down instead of up, but I am not at home at the moment. I'll check later and let you know.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Club Racer
View meecrob111's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoslotdoctor View Post
That question doesn't make sense. Drivers time for a 10-minute lap? That would be 10 minutes (though it would have to be an absolutely gigantic track to have 10-minute lap time). Did you mean to say individual lap times on a 10-minute race? Both programs will show you all of the individual lap times after the race is over in the race results screen.

I'm pretty sure you can set the Timer to count Down instead of up, but I am not at home at the moment. I'll check later and let you know.

Ugg... that didn't make sense what I wrote, I should have wrote 10 laps not 10 mintues laps.

What I am seeing so far is the software will tell how many laps a car has done, and will tell the speed of the last lap, and the speed of the fastest lap. What I want to know is how long it took someone to run a certain amount of laps. Say 10 people run a 20 lap qualifying race, how can I tell who ran it the fastest.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Club Racer
View hoslotdoctor's Photo Album

Now I understand. You want a race that is determined by total number of laps instead of total time. Both programs can do that. If you are using Race Coordinator go into the Race Setup, select the tab for Scoring, then under the "Finish Method" section select Lap Limit, and enter the number of laps you want. Also at the top of that section, select "Total Time" as the ranking method. This will then mark the winner as the person to hit that number of laps first.
The drop-down box below the finish method will allow you to set if you want it to end the race when the first person hits that limit, or if you want it to allow all racers to get that full number of laps.
After the race has ended you can then select Windows->Heat Results and it will show you all sorts of data regarding the race, including times for all individual laps, though the one piece of data that it is missing is total time. You could easily calculate it by taking the average lap and multiply it by the number of laps though.
I'm sure the results window could be modified to include total time. I'll see if I can modify it and get back to you.