Carrera Slot Cars
Fly Model Car
BRM Model Cars
NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum

Go Back   Slot Car Illustrated Forum > Manufacturer's Direct > VIASUE Lap Counters.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Pit Crew

Default Viasue Black Mamba kit

I just ordered the ViaSue Black Mamba system for use with my AFX 4 lane setup. I will provide a follow-up once I receive the unit. Ordering online was relatively easy and payment with Paypal was a snap.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Pit Crew

Default Phidget help!

[quote=Top Down;846409]I already have the parallel port system, using RC through a Phidget board to control power, so the main draw for me would be the ability to move to the USB interface.

re the above: I have the same hardware, but can't get RC to interact with the phidget. Probably some mapping / translation req'd, but i have no clue. RC seems to allow only one interface at a time, which has to be parallel port (right?). I have phidget interface working under windows XP, and can toggle power, but only with mouse clicks.
I know RC developer has stated numerous time phidget 0/0/4 can co-exist and even allow individual lane power switching. PLEASE HELP
Old 02-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Club Racer
View VIASUE's Photo Album

Default Phidget help

Hi are you saying you have a viasue printer port system and you are interfacing it with a phidget board ?...??

We'll assume the printer port system, , prior to interfacing it with the phidget board, was working correctly.

So we wonder what you are seeing in windows device manager once you have the printer port interfaced with Your phidget board... given its not working,,, we figure you are not seeing an extra com ( a phidget board ) port listed in device manager....IF not then your board is not being seen properly and perhaps is not using the correct driver for your boards built in com I/O interface.

If you have the incorrect drivers or the device is not in windows device manager then you will be dead in the water.

IF you have a VIASUE printer port system then we can build you a proper interface to plug our PPort into and interface with our USB system...
OR
You can set up RC for two tracks, seen as one, using a pport and our usb system or your phidget board then you can run as one track or two individual tracks assigned as the correct devices etc.

RC will work the same way with a pport / serial / phidget / arduino / virtual com port etc etc Dave of RC is the best people to ask about RC uses and configuration settings / interface options or settings ......for RC software support Dave is the best !!

VIASUE
Old 03-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Pit Crew

Default Phidget follow-up

Fiddled around a little bit more; can now get either flawless power relay control with no lap times (set RC to phidget interface) or flawless laptimer with no power relay control when RC set to LPT interface.
Others apparently can have both simultaneously. That is what I am trying to accomplish. Any help re this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Championship Contender
View daufderh's Photo Album

To use more than one interface at a time in RC you have to enable it. Go to the Options/Preferences and select "Multi-Track" or "Multi-Interface" (I can't remember exactly the option, but its in there and it should be clear). That will change the way the Expert Track Setup looks and will allow you to add both a parallel port and phidget interface.

The interface is a bit messy but it works. Be sure there are only two entries in the list that shows up and make sure each one is configured correctly. You can always make changes, but be careful.

-Dave