NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Pit Crew

Default Lap Timer

need help whit viasue lap counter cant get it to work cant get no help from viasue cant call her phone number wrong try geting support through email ounce a day joke please help any one in fourm can help thanks hope to her from some one ps hate to think i bought junk i just dont under stand i dont usally have promblems seting up software i have had a computer shop work on this for two hours an still could not get this to work HELP

FROM VIASUE THIS IS A LONG ONE:
Twanchese Our email is [email protected] and we are not on call 24 and 7 but we will get back to any email within 24 hrs much less when possible. As well weather permitting because we use Satlite Internet bad weather can limit or stop our internet access 100%...sorry about that possible issue but mountain men like us have put up with much worse .....like a pesty lap timer trying to drive you and the PC shop nuts arrrrg.

We do not know what phone number you have been calling but it is not ours so please stop calling that poor person who ever it may be We also recall you mentioned in one of your emails the PC shop said you were missing some drivers?? The lap timer does not required drivers and if drivers are used it is for the race software not the lap timer, the lap timer is no more than a fancy "is it on or is it off switch"....OK

The software and or the drivers must be able to understand the hardware change you are making when using an adapter to USB or some other port type. Your PC must have the required True and Standard 2 row 25 pin printer port which you ordered and paid for. If we knew your plans to change the connection hardware we would have save you and the PC shop alot of trouble if you mentioned it. We would have told you, this would happen>>>> before getting an adapter to work. As well we tell you and others here in this forum and at our web site. We are very clear that changing connection types or use of adapters is not supported and in most if not all cases it will not work.

So to nail it one more time adapters to to any other port connection such as USB Port , SERIAL Port , or Com Port etc does not work and we do not support it nor does the vast majority of PC's, Windows or mother boards.

Twanchese We would like you to return the lap timer so we can make you a refund. You of course are free to persist in your attempt to do things the way you want or buy a used PC with the port connection type we provided you. Please understand the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We do not want to drive you or others crazy trying to help you change our connection type to one you want but will not work as you want it configured So please read and do the below:

Twanchese We stand behind our product and workmanship 100% Even though your issue is not related to those things Please Send the entire system back with Cd and we will make you a refund.....We will aslo refund the return shipping amount found on the package you send back.
***We require it be sent back USPS Priority Mail ....the same way we sent it to you....With Delivery Confirmation.

Sorry but our timer is not going to work for you the way you want it to I am sorry we could not tell you this sooner or point it out more than we have and by all of our other efforts here at SCI and other places on line

We have done all we can for you I am sorry it was not to your needs but we did try to make our selves available before any issues could have been created ....And Thank You for trying VIASUE's Lap Timer System with printer port connection !

VIASUE tries very hard to be __________________
VIASUE Forum Admin

Last edited by VIASUE; 11-11-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: connection adapters to USB, Serial or com ports do not work....Period !!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Top Qualifier
View 2FER SLOTS's Photo Album

First thing.....welcome to SCI
I think we should determine if there is a detector issue or software problem.

What program are you running?
Using printer port? or?

The Viasue device is just the detector that interfaces the track to your computer right?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Pit Crew

Default viasue/lap timer

iam running windows xp i have parrallport with 25 pin male plug to female to usb the computer the computer reconises it when you plug in to computer it says found new hardware then told me installed ready to use but still i get no communcation from computer to seners ps i have port printer port on my go book 3 with 15 pin male or 15 pin female i could hook up to if i had 15 pin connecter to sensers would that work
Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Club Racer
View VIASUE's Photo Album

Default Please return the Lap Timer System so we can make a refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanchese View Post
need help whit viasue lap counter cant get it to work cant get no help from viasue cant call her phone number wrong try geting support through email ounce a day joke please help any one in fourm can help thanks hope to her from some one ps hate to think i bought junk i just dont under stand i dont usally have promblems seting up software i have had a computer shop work on this for two hours an still could not get this to work HELP
THIS IS A LONG ONE:
Twanchese Our email is [email protected] and we are not on call 24 and 7 but we will get back to any email within 24 hrs much less when possible. As well weather permitting because we use Satlite Internet bad weather can limit or stop our internet access 100%...sorry about that possible issue but mountain men like us have put up with much worse .....like a pesty lap timer trying to drive you and the PC shop nuts arrrrg.

We do not know what phone number you have been calling but it is not ours so please stop calling that poor person who ever it may be We also recall you mentioned in one of your emails the PC shop said you were missing some drivers?? The lap timer does not required drivers and if drivers are used it is for the race software not the lap timer, the lap timer is no more than a fancy "is it on or is it off switch"....OK

The software and or the drivers must be able to understand the hardware change you are making when using an adapter to USB or some other port type. Your PC must have the required True and Standard 2 row 25 pin printer port which you ordered and paid for. If we knew your plans to change the connection hardware we would have save you and the PC shop alot of trouble if you mentioned it. We would have told you, this would happen>>>> before getting an adapter to work. As well we tell you and others here in this forum and at our web site. We are very clear that changing connection types or use of adapters is not supported and in most if not all cases it will not work.

So to nail it one more time adapters to to any other port connection such as USB Port , SERIAL Port , or Com Port etc does not work and we do not support it nor does the vast majority of PC's, Windows or mother boards.

Twanchese We would like you to return the lap timer so we can make you a refund. You of course are free to persist in your attempt to do things the way you want or buy a used PC with the port connection type we provided you. Please understand the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We do not want to drive you or others crazy trying to help you change our connection type to one you want but will not work as you want it configured So please read and do the below:

Twanchese We stand behind our product and workmanship 100% Even though your issue is not related to those things Please Send the entire system back with Cd and we will make you a refund.....We will aslo refund the return shipping amount found on the package you send back.
***We require it be sent back USPS Priority Mail ....the same way we sent it to you....With Delivery Confirmation.

Sorry but our timer is not going to work for you the way you want it to I am sorry we could not tell you this sooner or point it out more than we have and by all of our other efforts here at SCI and other places on line

We have done all we can for you I am sorry it was not to your needs but we did try to make our selves available before any issues could have been created ....And Thank You for trying VIASUE's Lap Timer System with printer port connection !

VIASUE tries very hard to be

Last edited by VIASUE; 11-11-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: no adapter to any other port connection such as USB , SERIAL, Com port etc
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default Thank you Viasue for supporting your product 100%

Thanks you for stepping up to help your customer. I know how difficult it can be sometimes to get Computers configured, especially to be Lap Counters for Toy Cars

I deeply appreciate your offering to fully refund the customer here, it is support like that that builds a good Business.

Thank you also for being an advertiser here on SCI and supporting this community.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Club Racer

Your the best Alan Thanks for being there for me and VIASUE and we love our new home here at SCI you all have been wonderful to interact with and work together with SCI an icon to us :>) Thanks for all of your hard work..please keep it up for us all Thanks Again Alan !!

Last edited by VIASUE; 11-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Club Racer

Default It's not going to work Twanchese

Quote:
iam running windows xp i have parrallport with 25 pin male plug to female to usb the computer the computer reconises it when you plug in to computer it says found new hardware then told me installed ready to use but still i get no communcation from computer to seners ps i have port printer port on my go book 3 with 15 pin male or 15 pin female i could hook up to if i had 15 pin connecter to sensers would that work
Twanchese your effort to change the port hardware connection we provided you to any other connection type WILL NOT WORK please do not waist any more of your time with this effort!!

PLEASE RETURN THE LAP TIMER FOR A REFUND AS WE ASKED YOU TO DO IN OUR OTHER REPLIES. If you want to avoid delay or waver of this offer please act quickly on this offer of refund...OR If you like we can send you the directions for changing the connection on the lap timer BUT if you cut our connection off and make your own connection even with us providing the link to the how to info you, by our standards, you bought the unit, made changes to it and would void any chance of refund. Perhaps the pc shop can do the soldering for you and the required windows device manager or possible BIOS changes that might be required on your pc to get a game port (2 row 15 pin) or com port (2 row 9 pin) connection to work CONNECTED DIRECTLY WITHOUT ADAPTERS ETC.....

Trust me this PC hardware and software stuff drove me nuts long ago while building computers and servicing computers for NASA, ya that NASA, and now there is no going back...Im hooked on making slot car lap timers for great people and a great hobby...We wish things could be your way Twanchese ....but it is what it is ......and what it is is bad news....It aint GOING to WORK . EVEN if I was standing right next to you doing every thing you want me to do exactly the way you want me to do it.....the wiring we do for one plug is not the same wiring we do for another ...each one uses a different pin out and grounding system and quite frankly if you connect to a USB port it is possible for dc power to be sent back through the pc wires and into the sensors DAMAGING THEM....iF YOU HAVE NOT DAMAGED THE SENSORS BY UNINTENTIONALLY APPLYING POWER TO THEM ...The other really easy fix is buy an older USED desktop with Windows 2000 or 98 on it and a 2 row 25 pin printer port ....(XP IS A PIG THAT DOES NOT GET ALONG WITH OTHERS) follow the step by step set up directions we provide and you should be good to go.

Your complications are self created by not understanding or excepting your PC does not have the correct port connection for the lap timer you ordered. Please understand or price keeps in mind some help we may need to provide for set up ONLY we do not teach you how to use the race software and any learning curve you encounter ( in most peoples cases this includes set up) will have to be learned on your own by your own means and methods. I do wish things could be so much easier for everyone involved....not all things are black and white and you are in a very very dark gray area.

Thank You For Purchasing our lap timer but I think it is time you send it back for the refund we promised you even though your issues do not relate to quality, workmanship or function in the ways we intended the lap timer design of course. As well we do not want you to smash it to bits because it pushed you off the deep end.....

VIASUE Multiplies your racing fun by 10 fold more if you are nuts about racing like us
IF YOU WANT MEASURABLE RESULTS YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK WITH VIASUE

Last edited by VIASUE; 11-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Club Racer

Default Usb work around

Quote:

FROM VIASUE THIS IS A LONG ONE:

VIASUE tries very hard to be __________________
VIASUE Forum Admin

PS Folks: Currently a work around for the usb or adapter issue is this option found in most Windows Op systems: Click "START"PROGRAMS"ACCESSORIES"WINDOWS REMOTE CONNECTION" &/or "WINDOWS REMOTE DESKTOP" click the help menu Microsoft offers STEP by STEP "How To" and "FAQ" info to set up a dedicated pc that can be controlled remotely from any pc or smart phone running W.R.C. services to run the race software and other programs remotely. This is a far more Robust option when compared to a simple usb connection or adapter trial and error.

Yes it does require 2 pc's or a dedicated race pc and a Smart Phone or other Pc / tech device that can run W.R.C. etc and of course the race pc will need a network connection / port or wifi network card would be even better for example for smart phones....

Drivers or track managers via W.R.C. can have access to race results, download them, print them out or even manage a race for you if you get busy running your own laps etc. If the race pc is internet capable you can even send out race results remotely via email instant messenger etc because with W.R.C. you can run any program(s) from the race pc remotely not just the race software :>)
Now That is High Tech

Last edited by VIASUE; 11-28-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Closed Thread