MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum  
Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Club Racer
View KraZy Kal's Photo Album

Default Reversing Direction of car travel on track

I have the GT set with the Pit Box and enjoy the refueling strategy during long races. The cars travel clockwise and I would like to go counter-clockwise.

I would like to keep the terminal track orientation the same, if I was to turn it around. You would find yourself ackwardly reaching over the track to reach the pit box command buttons and reading the red led lap count display is difficult in that position. And the additional re-routing of power and control cables under the track.

I was hoping some SCX track owner had already tackled this problem and I could gain some technical knowledge on how to properly rewire DC Voltage on the terminal track.

Bottom line: counter-clockwise adds variety and NASCAR will be my variety. So, if I wire up a second terminal track that allows the slot rails reverse polarity, I can replace my other one on the days that NASCAR comes to my track and makes left turns.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Club Racer
View Doppler's Photo Album

Well changing direction shouldnt be hard I would try flipping the axle over . The orietation of Pit lane is the problem . The controllers would come off the inside of the track so your cords would be a trip hazard to the cars .
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Championship Contender
View 132slotcar.us's Photo Album

don't forget the lane change things. changing direction of the cars by reversing the rear axle should work, there will be some clearance issues, but make sure you reverse every switching piece of track.

(posted by monquispot while @ 132)

Last edited by 132slotcar.us; 10-10-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 AM
National Racer
View slotrocker's Photo Album

Default reversing

Actually, SCX lane changers work in both directions. The main exception would be the single lane exit changers, but they do not come in the GT set; I don't believe. If useing phone cords for controller connection, it is not too hard to feed the wires thruogh holes in the table, and run the cars from anywhere you like. As for reading the dissplay( once the start track is reversed ), I have no idea on that one. ( It's relly pretty easy once you get used to it). Good Luck.

Rich

PS : I no longer change direction as much of my track is three lanes.

EDIT: When you turn the start track around, also turn the pit entry and exits with it. I know thats just common sense, but figuered I better clarify just in case. SR

Last edited by slotrocker; 10-19-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: additional thoughts