MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 12-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Pit Crew

Default Hot Wheels/Mattel Car compatibility 1:43

Hi,

My Sons have the formula uno circuit Ferrari vs Jordan Hot wheels 1:43 track. Both cars have back wheels broken and I have been looking at length for replacement cars without success.

Can anyone advise as to where I can get replacement cars from? Failing that would a different brand be compatible with my sons track? what do i need to look for ? Carrera Go has the same scale but i am not sure if the cars will run..ebay has loads of these cars.....but the part that slots into the track is different than the cars i have...i really am struggling to find cars...

Please help a rather desperate dad as my boys are begging me to find replacement cars? I have no idea about the different types of cars and have tried to use the search function of this forum without success.

Many thanks for any help anyone can give,

Thanks and Merry Christmas :-)
Old 12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Championship Contender
View masmojo's Photo Album

Cool RE: Replacements

Three solutions:

First: Go to Ranch designs and get some replacement wheels (W/ tires) for the cars you already have! Then . .

Two: Go to Super-Target and buy the SCX Compact cars they should have several to choose from. If you are far from a Super Target, try Ranch designs they sell SCX cars as well and you can combine your order with the replacement wheels!!

Three: Yes the Carrera cars will run, but I believe your set is an Artin clone and is probably rated for 6 volts, the Carrera and SCX cars will run fine on it, but they are rated for 12+Volts and might be a little slow @6. If your house is like mine you probably have a 8,9 or 12volt transformer left from some other source that can be pressed into service as a new power supply for the new cars for no additional money!!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Pit Crew

Masmojo,

Thanks for the advice :-)

I should have mentioned that i am in London, England. The target website states that it doesn't deliver to Europe otherwise this would have been absolutely perfect.

http://www.target.com/SCX-Compact-Ca...pping&Policies

If you say that the Carrera go cars will run, I guess the boys wouldn't notice if they were a bit slower?
The power supply i have states 4.5 v...this would mean the cars would run like snails if at all.....i am going to have look into the transformer solution or just get a carrera go set.....

In any case thanks very much for your help masmojo, all the best!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 AM
National Racer
View Liberty FLHTC's Photo Album

Ranch Design does ship to Europe. If interested, let me know. We can fix your car problems.

Thanks for the plug, Mas!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Novice Racer

hiya Noob

if you want to with a variable power supply Pendle Slot have a pretty good looking one

richard