MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum  
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
National Racer
View plymouth71's Photo Album

Default Mesa, AZ hobby shops???

Any good places for HO stuff in the Mesa Area???

Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
National Racer
View J. Banta's Photo Album

Not any more, unless something has recently opened . However with that said I don't really venture out to the shops much anymore, as I usually only use them to buy tools and stuff.

Here are the shops I go to when I do venture:
Hobby Action: Southwest corner of Rural and Guadalupe (Far west side of the Goodwill complex); Mostly an RC place, but they do have other things too
Hobby Depot: Northwest corner of Southern and Mill (It in the strip with Red Devil Pizza, and the Adam and Eve store); These guys have lots of plastic models, a good selection of tools, and some slot stuff too.
Hobby Town USA: Southwest corner of Baseline and Gilbert (They recently moved so can't say for sure what part of the complex they are in); They have a little bit of everything including some slot stuff.

Also I should note there is supposed to be a place out in Chandler called "Cline Hobbies". I have never been there nor do I know of their exact location, but I do know of the guy who would be running it. There should be a mix of stuff there including a bit of H.O. stuff.

A final note, I live in Mesa and have a track that is setup all the time. So if your interested in seeing what kind of racing stuff we do, and our tracks hit me a pm and we will see what we can work out.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:05 PM
National Racer
View plymouth71's Photo Album

Cool. I'm coming for the Subway 400. I'm hoping to find some slot stuff. We have nothing here in Manitoba. I have been to hobby depot for model stuff a couple years ago.

Is there any other shops near by in other areas of Phoenix? Have you tried any of the Big O stores for the AW Drag strip??
Old 02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
National Racer
View J. Banta's Photo Album

I just checked and saw that the Nascar race is Sunday February 27th. It just so happens we are having our annual 8-Hour endurance race on the 26th. To make things better the site of our enduro is in Goodyear, which is mere minutes from Phoenix International Raceway! So if you have some free time on the Saturday feel free to stop in, as we will literally be there all day .

Back on the hobby shop front, I heard a rumor that there is a shop doing 1/24th stuff again, but don't really know anything. There are also two other Hobby Town locations. One is in Scottsdale (will have to look up the cross streets), and the other is near the Phoenix/Avondale border (I think 75th Ave and Thomas)

I have not looked in to the AW Drag Strip, but there are several Big-O Tires around, just don't know the specifics.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Pit Crew

Default CactusRC - Phoenix Slot car racing...

On MY side of town... Cactus Rd/35th ave. there is cactusRC
http://www.cactusrc.com/Slot_Cars.html

they have a 1/32 track and a big 8 lane 1/24th track... I have an old 1/24th car that I have been messing around with, and did a few laps on their track. but they seem to not really have any organized races yet...
I have not checked out :
Downforce Hobbies - 1/24 Slot Cars & More

3460 E. Southern Ave
Suite 107-108
Mesa AZ 85204
480-981-3333
not sure whats the deal is there... I assume they have regular racing from looking at their website... probably have to mod my car to make it legal???