AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 09-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Championship Contender
View fastlap's Photo Album

Default FastBodies - HO resin bodies

Hi all,

Rather than me starting multiple threads when I present a new 1/64 resin body, I thought it best to keep an on-going thread for all to peek in on now and then. NOTE/DISCLAIMER: ALL BODIES ARE MADE TO FIT THE 1.7" AFX CHASSIS UNLESS OTHERWISE DESCRIBED.

BREAKING NEWS!!!! In a short time, the availability of "FastBodies" HO Racing Bodies will be set up for sale in the Manufacturer's Direct Forum which can be accessed on the main forum page. or.... http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...play.php?f=206

Tonight I will be rolling out my newly modeled Audi R8 for the Mega-G chassis. It will be a fully decaled/painted version of the Crocodile Dundee car. The R8 will be available in a unfinished kit consisting of the main body, rear wing, rear body filler/exhaust section, and a driver figure.

I hope all will enjoy my creations.

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by fastlap; 09-12-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Championship Contender
View Speedhoppy's Photo Album

Gary, three questions: 1. Cost of completed/painted/decaled body; 2. Cost of kit; 3. How to pay you.

Mark
Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Novice Racer

Default fast bodies

could you please post pix of bodies. thank you.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Championship Contender

Default Indy Car ''92-00

CART style Indy Car '92-00

Last edited by fastlap; 09-14-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Championship Contender

IRL style Indy Car (hybrid-IRL airbox with taller nose section)

Old 09-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Championship Contender

AUDI R8

Last edited by fastlap; 09-11-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Championship Contender

Mark and all,

I just spoke with Alan from SCI. I am almost officially "in business" here on SCI. (see the announcement in my first post) I will refrain from posting exact prices until "FastBodies" is setup in the Manufacturer's Direct Forum. I will still post here, but direct all inquiries to that forum once setup. This should be in a few days and will be a work-in-progress.

Until then, here are a few parts of the puzzle as I threw this together today.

- Official name of this.... "FastBodies" Scale Racing
- Bodies or Kits will range from $15-20ea., depending on the complexity or resources needed.
- Shipping will vary as I get a grip on postage. I have always charged $5 for a package to the 48 states.
- Payment will eventually be by two methods. Personal Check or PayPal

Always check the first post in this thread for a current list of available bodies. Or, bodies that are "coming soon". For now, I will be doing subjects that will be popular to get a positive start to this adventure.

SHIPPING: this has always been a touchy subject for everyone. Buyers and sellers. In the little I have ever mailed, I have never charged for boxes, tape, etc. Postage varies. I have two ways of looking at it. Get a grip on postage rates to the lower 48 US and charge accordingly. Or, use the unpopular method and charge a flat $9.95. I want 100% satisfaction, so this area will be a work in progress.

Slot Car Show in Chicago. Well, actually it is located in Highland, IN. twice a year. I have been tossing this idea around for a year as to sell over the internet or just see what I can do at this local show which usually attracts 100-150 vendor tables. One could order from me and pick up at the show to save shipping costs. Of course, you would have to deal with the $4/gal. petrol on your own. I digress.... I will be at that slot car show in November, and will be gearing my rather small inventory up for that.

Payments: Personal checks mean slow service but this has been the only method I have used to this point. Orders will be shipped when the check clears. PayPal is the cleanest-fastest way. However, if PP is the preferred method, product pricing may reflect the off-set of the PP charges. Again, that will be a work-in-progress.

DISCLAIMER: ... all resin bodies will need minor sanding/modeling/adjustments to make it work for you.

I hope this will get the gears churning. Lots of things to absorb.

Gary "FastBodies" Fast

Last edited by fastlap; 09-11-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Championship Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedhoppy View Post
Gary, three questions: 1. Cost of completed/painted/decaled body; 2. Cost of kit; 3. How to pay you.

Mark
1. This will vary from subject to subject. Over the past 20 years, I have charged from $45 up to $150 just for the finished body not including a chassis. Shipping is extra. Here is what I have done in the past. Discuss the subject with the customer, come to an agreement. If I like the subject that is wanted, I will complete it, send photos to the customer, and the previously agreed price is exchanged, then I ship the subject. If the customer doesn't like the finished product after viewing the photos sent, then I keep it cuz I like it.

If I don't particularly care for a subject or it doesn't float my boat, then I will request payment up front. So far I haven't had any disappointments over the years.

2. and 3. see the info in the previous post (#7)

Last edited by fastlap; 09-11-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 AM
National Racer
View ncdslots's Photo Album

The front wheel well in the picture of the raw body, appears to sit lower against the tire as opposed to the finished body. Is this related to how the mount pieces were glued in differently or something else? Just curious as the lowness of the raw body, really draws me in, where the difference in spacing on the finished body draws a bit of question.

The body is amazing regardless, both raw and finished to be honest. Just curious about the difference.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Championship Contender

Yes and no. Yes the raw body sits closer, NO it is not the mounting system. The mounts for this body are part of the cast and not a glue-in style mount.

The reason the driver/left side looks like it is further away from the wheel, is becaused I trimmed too much with the dremel at the upper rear of the wheel opening. Here are pics of both sides of the raw and finished bodies. Not perfectly in focus, but you will see on the left side where I buzzed too much in the rear of the front wheel opening.

Last edited by fastlap; 09-11-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Championship Contender

here's a pic of the integrated mounts. A lot of resin, but I wanted the mounting of the chassis to be a "no-brainer" for those who buy, rather than fiddeling with gluing mounts.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:05 PM
National Racer
View ncdslots's Photo Album

perfect explanation....never for once doubted your ability, I just noticed it and knew there had to be an explanation.

The body is gorgeous.....I see a Lola is on the TDL, I'm giddy about that for sure.

I've not jumped yet, because I'm still not 100% sure about the mega chassis. If I could figure out how to convert it to a gravity car, 70s style, I'd be all over them...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Championship Contender

Tease from a distance. Should have ready by tomorrow or Tues. night. My tribute to Rahal.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Championship Contender

Rahal CART "Miller LITE" car

Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 PM
International Racer
View downtowndeco's Photo Album

Man that's one fine looking car!