MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 AM
National Racer
View superII's Photo Album

Default Thunder storm?

New car? Anyone have the skinny on them?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Novice Racer

Default Thunder

Some nice pics on the Wizzard BB.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Club Racer
View johnsmith's Photo Album

I am not 100% sure, but what I heard is it is a copy of the BSRT G-jet.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default OK guys stop right now.

This is only going to get ugly.

Also bunny how about some photo's here.

We get over 5,000,000 hits a month might get a little more exposure for the latest Wizzard Car.

Cheers

Alan

Alan
Old 09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Novice Racer

"John", you can provide a link to the G-Jet pricing and availability? You can find the Thunder Storm in Wizzards new produts section. Its hard to copy something that hasn't been released yet.

Alan,

All posts and additions are Copyright © 2000-2006 Wizzard High Performance, Inc. - All Rights Reserved

Do not copy, use or reproduce any material from this website without written permission
from Wizzard High Performance, Inc. Thank you.

Last edited by Scaleracing; 09-07-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:26 PM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default I edited the above post to show small print.

Very interesting,

How do you promote and grow a market without allowing Web Sites to publish photo's of your new product.

I certainly agree images should not be lifted or borrowed. But with no information to the general public how does a company who produces cars and parts. expect people to become aware of their product.

Scalextric, NINCO, SCX and others supply me with images of new releases to help educate the general public what they sell, and create interest ( sales ).

I also own a Hobby Store and run HO Races, how do I find out about new releases.

How do we grow this Hobby if the Manufactures will not supply information and images of their new products.

Now if this is top secret unreleased stuff, that is a different issue.

I guess I just do not understand I need knowledge if I am to buy and sell product. Consumers ( 5,000,000 hits a month and growing ) need information if they are to buy new product.

Strange.

Cheers

Alan

Alan
Old 09-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Club Racer

LB

If it was not out there, why are so many guys talking about it being a blast to drive???

Why Is wiz saying stuff about it on his BB?

From looking at the various sites, I can see that there is a weight kit that works with the G3 to make it a G-jet.

Plus I think BSRT was waiting on the new G3 chassis to release it as a car.

But as we all know BSRT is slow in updating their web site.

BTW, I did not see any info on the G-jet copy of the Storm on the wizz BB

The purpose here is to race and have fun.
If Slottech makes a T1-jet, it too would be a copy of the G-jet idea.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 AM
National Champion
View slotking's Photo Album

Scale,
just an FYI

Quote:
I edited the above post to show small print. Very interesting,

How do you promote and grow a market without allowing Web Sites to publish photo's of your new product.
In the format of this BB, you can copy sections of copy righted materials for discussion without breaking the law.

Ask any decent attorney. Thats why other BB's do have some posts from other BB's and there is no legal recourse.

Trade marks are different.

Last edited by slotking; 09-08-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:32 PM
National Racer
View superII's Photo Album

Sorry for posting this topic Alan. I thought that it would bring attention to what appeared to be a cool new car based on the G jet concept. Yes wizzard you well know what a g jet is to have jumped on the bandwagon. You spend a fair amount of time on the net to know what is going on. It is no big deal if you want to jump in on the action. Guys from all over the country are talking about the G jet. It is going to be the next big thing in this hobby, and the hobby needs a shot in the arm to get things going again. Kudos to BSRT and any other manufacturer that cares about the success of HO.

PS Alan, the wizz is taking shots at your comments on his site. I guess you made the ''D'' list.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:56 PM
National Racer
View AfxToo's Photo Album

Show me any current slot car manufacturer that doesn't flat out imitate one thing or another from other vendors, contemporary or legacy. Heck, most HO manufacturers seem totally unable of even naming a product that doesn't tap into some aspect of the nostagic precedent that Aurora established 40+ years ago. "Thunder" this and "Jet" that to downright verbatim cloning of legacy products from reincarnated company names.

Seeing WHP come out with a brass weight traction car that emulates the nothing-really-new-about-it BSRT GJet (the requisite "Jet" in the name) is no cause for concern. I think it's a great idea and a boon to racers who want some variety when racing in magnetic flux reduced classes of racing. The fact that the WHP car takes standard off the shelf arms from my current stockpile of Tyco/Wiz arms is a significant benefit to me over competing designs. How many of us have extensive inventories of 9 ohm inline arms laying around in their spare parts bins? How many of us have a serious 12V race program underway? I hope that the other vendors like Slottech follow suit and produce a brass weight traction car that uses more of the parts we already have. The more the merrier. Bring 'em on.

This hobby/sport is all about US, the collectors and racers. I want every manufacturer out there to be busting their butt to make US happy because that's all that matters. I don't take up sides with any manufacturer. If any one of them makes a product that intrigues me I'll buy it. I can't think of ANY good reason for me to align myself, politically, economically, or emotionally with any manufacturer. After all, it's all about US. Let the manufacturers fight it out based on the merit of their products. WE will decide who the winners are and reward them with our business. If you think that buying a particular manufacturer's product makes you a member of a special or elite fraternity then you've totally missed the boat. The only fraternity that matters is US, our fellow racers, the clubs we race with, the series we participate in, the friendships we build around the track. Everything else is a big fat waste of time.

Finally, I don't see there being a lot of totally new ground to be explored in this hobby/sport. It's primarily rooted in tradition and nostalgia and exists in a very niche domain that is fueled by our continued, decades-old infatuation with little electric race cars. We all have a history with this hobby/sport and feeding it with new products, whether retro inspired or complemetary of other retro inspired products is about the best thing we can hope for at this point. I relish the prospect of a return to a "brass wars" in the current best of breed chassis form factors. This could all play out in a very positive and exciting way for US, so let's not make any stupid mistakes and snuff out the potential with stuff that doesn't matter.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:58 AM
National Champion
View RichD's Photo Album

The Thunder Storm is a Wizzard Storm with the traction magnets removed and a 5 pc brass weight set added. The car can be had with a pre-painted Lexan Cobra body. Pictures of the car are available in the New Products section of the Wizzard BB. Anyone that is interested should go there and take a peek. As far as linking to pictures on the net, under copyright law that would usually be considered to be "fair use". It would not be fair use to make coffee mugs or tee shirts using copyrighted material. As a courtesy one should identify the source of any pictures that you post that are not actually yours.

Last edited by RichD; 09-09-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:33 AM
National Champion
View slotking's Photo Album

Just a note

Not everyone has access to view the wizz BB
Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 AM
International Racer
View Maddman's Photo Album

Default An intresting idea

Cruised by the WHP board and there it was. Brass weights and all. The only problem is that with a 6 ohm motor power will be down to 10V or so to keep it from wheelspinning all the way down down the straight. On 18V the car should be a real handful. The G-Jet is a absolute beast on 18V and I can believe that the T-storm will be just as uncontrolable.

Good luck to WHP and let the racers decide.

Steve
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 AM
National Champion
View RichD's Photo Album

As far as I know anyone can view the Wizzard BB. Some people that the managment have deemed troublemakers are banned from posting there. Modern HO cars are really overpowered, they are a motor on wheels with giant magnets to hold them down. If people are looking for something that they can slide around a little and don't want to run T-jets, then G-Jets and Thunder Storms might be the way to go. If you have to turn down the voltage a little, that shouldn't be a big deal. We turn down the voltage when we run 1/32nd cars without magnets. With us it is more important to have fun than it is to set a new land speed record.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Club Racer

Quote:
As far as I know anyone can view the Wizzard BB. Some people that the managment have deemed troublemakers are banned from posting there.
Thats an awful lot of people!
I have talked to people who do not post anywhere, tell me they are banned, they simply jump around to look.

Heck I was at a friends house, and he was banned! He does not even do slot cars

I know people like slotking have had issues with him, but to banned people from looking seems a little immature in my opinion.

Last edited by johnsmith; 09-11-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Closed Thread