AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
International Racer
View jas's Photo Album

Default Rockford Swap Meet

Hi,

Frankly cannot find, nor remember where I saw thread for Rockford Swap Meet. Another thread in another forum, guy said it was to be held on the 19th of November. Moreover, that he believes the guy organizing the meet is not "of these slot forums."

Sounds odd, but I've been told that only a small percentage of slot types actually frequent the forums. Perhaps another topic . . .

Anyhow, what I would like to know is a bit more about what the meet might feature, and so forth . . .

If you know something about the meet, or about the organizer, please post.

Thanking you in advance . . .

Jas
Old 10-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Club Racer
View attytwb's Photo Album

Default Rockford Swap Meet

November 19 at the Clock Tower Resort 7801 E. State Street Rockford Illinois. What I said was that it was my belief that the promoter of the event does not have a presence on the web (ie: doesn't have a web site.) A Google search comes up empty. This show has been going on for a number of years. Typically twice a year in March/April and November. For years it was held at the Holiday Inn in Matteson, Illinois. Apparently the room rental got too expensive so the promoter moved it to Rockford last Spring much to the chagrin of a few people who vented about it last spring. If you go to the Novmeber show, you will see a lot of HO stuff. Derek Cooper from Englland will be there. He has a lot of vintage 1/32 stuff but expect to pay premium prices at his table. Professor Motor's site shows the Rockford show but not as an active link. Given his recent health issues I doubt wether he will be there. Bud's HO Slot Cars, Inc will be there. He has a lot of 1/32 stuff. I have always found some great buys on vintage cars and parts at the show. I have also purchased new cars there as well. Last time in Rockford I bought a Carrera D Jag and a Ferrari 575 for $20.00 a piece. The Spring show did not seem well attended. Maybe it was the change in location. THIS JUST IN the person who puts on this show is a guy named Mike Dore. Bud's HO Slot Car's Inc web site lists his phone number 815-233-6541.