Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK...Lets welcome the return of SCI with a new track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran some laps with my favorite car last night- a slot.it 312PB (no magnets, silicone tires). It had been my first non-Carrera chipping project (not exactly a genius choice for a first timer!) many moons ago. It loves this track. I had run (5) 15 lap single man single ghost races to test a new rotation scheme in my software immediately before, so the track was a bit cleaner. The Ferrari just ate up the corners and was able to make judicious use of the lane changers. Very, very happy so far.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
      I shouldn't be complaining. Thanks for getting this up and running again. You're doing a fantastic job for all of us.
      It is okay, if things are not working right, I want to know. But please bear with me, as I am doing the best I can. Thank you for spreading the word and letting others know that SCI is back.

Comment

I am liking this track more all the time. I think it will make for very, very close racing.

After running a bit, I made one slight (but extensive in terms of pieces moved!) change in the pit lane design. My pit lane uses the pro-x based trick to automatically shunt cars to alternate bays. I moved the crossover such that both cars now wind up refueling right next to each other, and as close to the CU as I could get them. The original design had the first refueling bay in front of the crossover track. This meant that every other car (any cars going to that first bay) had a chance to run a faster lap when entering the pit than they would have run by rounding the turn at the head of the main straight. Other than that the 'final design plan' posted on the previous page has remained unchanged.

I have most of my buildings in place and only one more light to add (although I have changes planned down the road for the lights), but I still haven't placed any of the trees from my old layout except for the four or five near the houses at the far end.

Only need to add one or two more guardrails, and I think I will have all of the runoff spots protected and I can start placing trees. I have quite a few, and on this smaller table size (approx 25 sq. ft. less, although the track is only about 15 ft shorter) I think I'll have good coverage.
        Last edited by b.yingling; 02-29-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Looks challenging and fun. I'm guessing that guest drivers will have a few deslots on the sharp corner right after coming down from the overpass. That spot won't be easy to master.

Comment

Last edited by b.yingling; 03-11-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Hi Bruce, long time no see. Wow ... I like your new layout. Definitely a challenging course to master. But that's where the fun is..
              Look forward to getting together again after ol' corona heads out. I finally got a house big enough to resurrect Talladega..
              Only four feet shorter but much less wide with no side tables. You'll have to come over again one day to race.
              I'm still less than 30 minutes south of Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Calvert County. Be seein' ya. Mike
              P.S.
              Remember this day? ...
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo7haAcMK90

Comment

Great to hear from you! We will have to get together again when the world allows.

Comment

Working...
                X