Carrera Paint Blemishes on new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlosinseattle View Post

Hi Slottus. I knew you were regularly active on another forum but didn't realize you were on SCI. Thanks for the head's up. The retailer agreed to swap mine out for another one, which they looked at closely. They said it also isn't perfect, but better than the one I got. They had only offered a $10 merchandise credit as an alternative. To me this was worth more than $10. I hope the other one looks good.

Will the units being built in 2020 have better paint?
    There should be already improved products out there. Sorry, can't give you more help. It would be best to check the model in real before purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slottus View Post

There should be already improved products out there. Sorry, can't give you more help. It would be best to check the model in real before purchasing.
      I got the replacement and it wasn't better. It had different blemishes, some in more prominent areas than the first car so I'm going to send it back and keep the original car. Hopefully when the newer models for 2020 arrive the finish will be better. One amazing thing is the drivetrain on this new Porsche is the smoothest I've ever seen from Carrera. There is practically zero gear whine. When compared to other cars the difference is amazing; like night and day to new cars from just last year.
      Last edited by carlosinseattle; 07-14-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

...One amazing thins is the drivetrain on this new Porsche is the smoothest I've ever seen from Carrera. There is practically zero gear whine. When compared to other cars the difference is amazing. like night and day to new cars from just last year.
        I have some older (15 years) Carrera cars that run extremely smooth on my track - almost as smooth as my best NSR! So I believe when you say practically zero gear whine.

Comment

Carrera of America sent me a replacement body and it looks great. That was incredibly nice of them, especially unsolicited!!
          The new body looks better, much better, than the old one. I'm a happy camper

Comment

Now that's Great service!!

Comment

Carrera of America sent me a replacement body and it looks great. That was incredibly nice of them, especially unsolicited!!
              The new body looks better, much better, than the old one. I'm a happy camper
              That's great Carlos! How did they find out about the problem?
              Randy

Comment

I contacted CofA to ask about when the 2020 line of D124 cars would get here because I was considering just swapping the car out for another model from the retailer. I did tell them about it but didn't ask for them to step in.

BUT, I think the more important things are the gear mesh and one other thing. I think the car came with the NCE chip in it. I only had a chance to test on a short straight and didn't think to look when I had the car opened up. But the car moved MUCH faster at 10% throttle than another D124 car, it is new but came out in 2018 or 19. I chalked it up to the gear mesh being so much better but I don;t thank that was it. I'm going to check this weekend and see which chip is in the car. The gear mesh is a positive, but the chip is a negative, if indeed that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                X