New Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cars

I did not buy any new cars last year, so this year I went crazy and bought two new cars. The first is Thunder Slot Lola T70 Mk III. I checked a 1:1 database for the Lola and converted the dimensions to 1/32nd scale, it appears that the Lola is very close to scale, however the tire diameters look a little small. I changed the rear tires to silicone ones and loosened up the body screws, for the class that I intend to run the car in the motor pod must stay locked down. I did adjust the front axle height to get the front tires on the track.

The second car is a RevoSlot Toyota GT-One. We race without traction magnets and one of my club's members has four Porsches that we use for IROC style racing, so I was somewhat familiar with RevoSlot cars.

This car also got silicone rear tires, I loosened both the motor pod and body screws. I have no database that includes the dimensions for the 1:1 car and I was too lazy to do any research, but this car is longer than the Scale Auto version. The car is heavy at 102.9g VS 79.6g for the Scale Auto version. The car has a great deal of track clearance, but the metal chassis puts plenty of mass down low compared to a typical car with a plastic chassis. The Porsche cars can tip at the limit.

2020 has some old and new in the mix....

Last edited by sascws90; 02-11-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X