Butchery of some Scalextric BMW minis for wood track racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butchery of some Scalextric BMW minis for wood track racing

I knocked up 4 x Scalextric BMW Minis for wood track racing some time back.
    One of the quickest, roughest, dirtiest builds I have done, but by jingos are they fun to race as a house class. (IROC to USA readers)

I really must get around to a more permanent motor fixing method than hot glue . . . but so far they have held together.

Last edited by SlotsNZ; 03-03-2020, 02:28 AM.

Cool.
    I've got an all silver, 05, Mini S, with the JCW engine package. A fun little car to drive.

Mike

Comment

That J-B Weld is the sign of a professional job.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
        That J-B Weld is the sign of a professional job.
        Learned that from the master.............

Comment

that's also an interesting track.
          well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedynh View Post
            that's also an interesting track.
            Works well, It was built to fit the space available in my previous house garage. I used every inch fitting 4 lanes onto basically 16 x 8 feet plus the hilltop with "up and back twice" to get 64 feet of running length. It isn't obvious int he small CAD, but apart from T1, every turn has an apex, which opens out at entry and exit to give best brake-accelerate driveability.
            But the scenery has been improved by degrees since those shots were taken for the Minis.
            Still much more to do on scenery, especially embedding the hillside bridge, and finishing one end of the pits.

Comment

SlotsNZ............this is an amazing set up, very nice. I really like the lighting that you have. I have been looking for some light posts just like yours. Seems the smaller HO compatible size is much easier to find. How long are your light post LED lights that you show in these pictures.

Thank you for any help you can send my way.

Comment

i especially like the lane-equalizing shortcuts and the squeezes.

Comment

The video is awesome. Those really run well.

Comment

Working...
                  X