Moving website to vBulletin Cloud

Collapse

We have now moved SCI to vBulletin Cloud! This should result in a much better experience for everyone! Enjoy the updated site!

Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RIsento
    Novice Racer
    • Sep 2013

Controllers

Hello Slot Racers,
    I bought a new FlySlot Porsche 917K 1/32 to race in club near me. Since I don't have the space for my Carrera 1/32 at home and they build a new track at the club, I would like to give it a try. I really don't know nothing about controllers and the basics so I need some advice! To start I need an affordable one, just to have some fun. Thinking about Parma Eco or DS.
    To race my Carrera 1/32 cars and the new FlySlot what do you recommend?

At home I have a plastic Carrera GO! track, with some F1 and Rally cars.
    Does an entry level aftermarket controller be good for both scales?

Thank you all in advance!
  • RIsento
    Novice Racer
    • Sep 2013

By the way, these are the cars I own (for now)

FlySlot 1/32

Carrera Evolution 1/32

Carrera GO! 1/43

Comment

• zipdrive
      National Racer
      • Mar 2013

To save a lot of yaba yaba, what is the budget? For $75-120 a Professor Motor or a DS 128(?) controller is fine. At $250 a Slotit or a DS Pro 4 is good. Over $300 , well there is a lot of debate. You must try it out first. You have to find one that matches you. It is as much about how it feels to you as is the performance specs of the controller.
      Borrow or rent and try as many as you can. What do the people at the local track run?
      Last edited by zipdrive; 09-03-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Al's slotracing
        Championship Contender
        • Mar 2011

Hi RIsento
        If you are talking about a Parma Eco or DS , then I guess those up market type controllers mentoned above might be more than you want to spend?

Parma Eco or the basic DS (3502 etc.) are good value for money. Both are resistance type controllers, so you have to choose how many ohms match the type of cars and conditions you are running with. (More expensive controllers are adjustable, could it be that's outside your budget?)

The next question is how many ohms do you need for your FlySlot car. That depends a bit on track voltage, magnet grip or not, and even track layout. The best way to find out is ask at your club, they should know what works best round there.

Comment

• RIsento
          Novice Racer
          • Sep 2013

Thank you for your answers.
          First, I'll try an economical controller, like Parma Eco.

Now, one last question:
          To run the FlySlot at the club (they have two huge straights) which one is best? 25, 35 or 45 ohms?

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

• Al's slotracing
            Championship Contender
            • Mar 2011

Controller ohms matter when you are going round corners. They all do pretty much identical things when you press them all the way down - on a straight.
            Which out of 25, 35 or 45 suits best depends on things like track voltage, magnet grip or not, and how tight the bends are. The best way to find out is ask at your club, they should know what works best round there.

Comment

• Mayberryman
              Championship Contender
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RIsento View Post
              Thank you for your answers.
              First, I'll try an economical controller, like Parma Eco.

Now, one last question:
              To run the FlySlot at the club (they have two huge straights) which one is best? 25, 35 or 45 ohms?

Sent from Tapatalk

Sir, I run at one club that runs the Parma controllers exclusively, we run on AC power with the controller being hooked up with a phone jack and no brakes. I will add that we do run magnet racing. I have three Parma controllers 45,35,25 Ohms, for motors up to the Slot It orange end bell I use the 45 ohm controller, our Indy class allows motors up to 25K and our Can Am class allows unlimited motors and for those classes I have used 25 and 26K motors and the 35 seems to work better. If you are running on DC current with brakes I would suggest that you purchase a Professor Motor controller for a couple of reasons. (1) For a little more money you can get a controller that is more current and the company seems to be a little more stable at this time. (2) The customer service at Professor Motor is great and they do stand behind their product.

Yes, for the other club that I run I do have two of the Professor Motor Controllers and while they are cheaper than some of the $250 and more controllers they have met my need for being adjustable.

Comment

• RichD
                World Champion
                • Oct 2005

Parma Economy controllers have been on back order for quite some time, I don't think that any dealers still have them in stock. You will probably either have to find a used one on ebay or go for a somewhat more expensive Plus model.

Comment

• RIsento
                  Novice Racer
                  • Sep 2013

Well, in Portugal it's easy to buy one new.
                  My only doubt is which one.
                  25, 35 or 45 ohms?

DS ref. DS-350x is also available.

Does my cars brake with Parma Eco or DS Economy controllers?

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

• Al's slotracing
                    Championship Contender
                    • Mar 2011

Parma Eco and entry level DS Economy controllers both have brakes.
                    The brakes will only work if the track is wired for them.
                    With brakes each controller has 3 wires connected to the track, without brakes there are just 2 wires connected.
                    Last edited by Al's slotracing; 09-04-2015, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• RIsento
                      Novice Racer
                      • Sep 2013

At the club we need 3 plugs, so I suppose the brake feature will work, if my controller have the black, red and white wires.
                      Thank you for the explanation, I'm a complete dumb in this subject

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

• onestop
                        Pit Crew
                        • May 2011

One Stop Slot Shop has the OS3 BK and BC controllers for 1/32 at starting at $150. They run all 1/32 cars with brakes. Choke is available on the BC Pro.

Comment

Working...
                        X