Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to digital

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New to digital

    Hello everyone. I've been on and off of racing 1/32 for a long time. I owned Carrera, then sold it for NINCO and actually had a nice 100 foot layout in my garage using a DS 300. Well as life brings changes, I took it down and for the last few years ran my HO track that's on a 4x8 table in a spare bedroom. Then I saw the Scalextric Arc Pro Gt set. I had to get it! So it should be here soon! I never raced digital before so can you guys give me some pointers? Do the controllers get hot? Is the stock power supply good enough? What chips can I use on older cars? Should I just swap chips out from car to car? Can I cast from my tablet onto my TV? I can't wait to get this! It will be set up in my living room and taken down after racing so it won't be a permanent layout. Thanks in advance for the help!

  • #2
    well I can answer a few of your questions. no the controls do not get hot. they do not work like analog controller.
    Im not sure on the power supply that comes with new arc pro set but with the base that was the latest best thing before the arc came out, it was cable of running two power supplies so. if you can run two do it . you will have less power surges when racing.
    if you just use the scaley cars and pioneer cars you just need to have 6 new easy fit chips. for other brands you will have to solder in either the Retro-Fit Digital Chip A or slot it SISP15B. if you buy more easy fit make sure you go with the newer version (gray packaging) of the C8515 Digital Chip . they have less decoding issues and arre lot more robust than the older chips.



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by docdoom2 View Post
      well I can answer a few of your questions. no the controls do not get hot. they do not work like analog controller.
      Im not sure on the power supply that comes with new arc pro set but with the base that was the latest best thing before the arc came out, it was cable of running two power supplies so. if you can run two do it . you will have less power surges when racing.
      if you just use the scaley cars and pioneer cars you just need to have 6 new easy fit chips. for other brands you will have to solder in either the Retro-Fit Digital Chip A or slot it SISP15B. if you buy more easy fit make sure you go with the newer version (gray packaging) of the C8515 Digital Chip . they have less decoding issues and arre lot more robust than the older chips.


      That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks! If I want to run power taps, do I do it just like an analog track? And what if I get more than 6 racers? Since the cars are matched to a controller, what do I do?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by glp View Post
        Hello everyone. I've been on and off of racing 1/32 for a long time. I owned Carrera, then sold it for NINCO and actually had a nice 100 foot layout in my garage using a DS 300. Well as life brings changes, I took it down and for the last few years ran my HO track that's on a 4x8 table in a spare bedroom. Then I saw the Scalextric Arc Pro Gt set. I had to get it! So it should be here soon! I never raced digital before so can you guys give me some pointers? Do the controllers get hot? Is the stock power supply good enough? What chips can I use on older cars? Should I just swap chips out from car to car? Can I cast from my tablet onto my TV? I can't wait to get this! It will be set up in my living room and taken down after racing so it won't be a permanent layout. Thanks in advance for the help!
        DO you have any pics of your 4x8 HO layout?

        Comment


        • #5
          This is about the best I could take with my tablet. IMG_20210109_203346.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by glp View Post

            That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks! If I want to run power taps, do I do it just like an analog track? And what if I get more than 6 racers? Since the cars are matched to a controller, what do I do?
            yes taps are run just like you would wire a analog track, there should be direction on how to program the chip to a new car. just make sure you only have one car on the track when you do, or thy all we be paired to that controller
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_dpwVroxg

            Comment


            • #7
              There's nothing wrong with jumpering like an analog track, but you can also run one pair of wires to a remote lane from the source, then jumper directly to the other lane. You can also have lane-to-lane jumpers anywhere. (Warning: This will prevent the track from operating as analog.)

              Here is a video:

              https://youtu.be/jak75j_9WhE

              Comment


              • #8
                If you look at your other post you will see my 4 lane track. To keep your in built feature of flipping a switch to run analog or digital I'll recommend you run jumpers strictly as right lane to right lane and only left lane to left lane.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks

                  Comment

                  kadikoy escort kartal escort
                  eurocasino
                  sisli escort mecidiyekoy escort
                  sex vidio
                  antalya escort
                  lara escort escort istanbul escort sirinevler escort antalya
                  pendik escort
                  izmit escort taksim eskort lara eskort bayan bakirkoy bayan eskort
                  gaziantep escort
                  atasehir escort
                  antalya escort bayan escort atakoy
                  izmit escort
                  ankara escort
                  porno
                  Working...
                  X