No announcement yet.

Wiz-Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash continues to update their products all the time. The global pandemic creates havoc on international supply shipments.
    Here's a couple pics of the new black chassis with solid rivets. There's a brown chassis coming as a barn finds theme.

20200730_151758_002.jpg
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 07-30-2020, 12:50 PM. Reason: There is no reason to attack other members in a post. Removed pointless part of the post that only serves to alienate people. Please no personal attacks Thank You !!!!

Comment

The implication of the last post is that more Dash products will eventually be on the way. Hopefully that includes 16 ohm 3 lamination armatures, Killer Bee magnets and complete rolling chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesguy View Post
        Here's a couple pics of the new black chassis with solid rivets.
        Did that chassis come with solid rivets? I haven't seen any like that, or heard that there was a change.

Originally posted by RichD View Post
        Hopefully that includes 16 ohm 3 lamination armatures, Killer Bee magnets and complete rolling chassis.
        I asked Dash about this 2 weeks ago. I was assured that all of those items will return to the store at some point. I specifically asked about arms and magnets, and I was told that those items are all on order and in process. He also said there has been increased demand for the fully assembled cars, and that's taking parts that would go into the store.

Comment

Yes the solid rivit black chassis is new. The couple that I have put together have the 10 ohm arms, will swap them out for the 16 ohm arms when they come in.
          You can see the killer bee magnets are installed. Check out the shopify store for more info.

Comment

Are there any changes in the chassis besides the rivets? If so the latest chassis would have to be approved by various sanctioning bodies before it could be raced.

Comment

Hey Rich,
              The only difference is the black shiny plastic chassis and top plate.
              If anything, the tolerences may be tighter, chassis seems very square and acurate.
              Top plate fit is nice, kinda snaps into the chassis.
              So I don't think it will need extra scrutiny to remain eligible.
              There'll be a brown chassis released in August, complete running chassis with 16 ohm arm, killer bee mags.
              This new brown series is being called "Barn Finds Collection".
              Last edited by bluesguy; 08-02-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Sounds good, I will pass that information along to the rules committee.

Comment

Originally posted by Axle View Post
                  what is the chance that ECHORR make the wiz-jet legal?
                  To answer my own question, ECHORR has updated Super Stock rules: http://echorr.com/
                  Wizjet Chassis allowed in SS Class only or now.

Dash 3 lam arms 16+ ohms and Killer Bee arms allowed in SS Class only.

Shimming of all arms allowed in SS Class only.

Bottom of cluster shaft may be cut in SS class only.’

Downforce maximum to be 6.5 on Doanes calibrated scale.

Replacing of rivets and electronics allowed on chassis in all classes.

That's quite a change. Previously it was only vintage Aurora chassis and arms.

And regarding my other question, still no mention of the Dash chassis anywhere in the ECHORR rules.

Comment

Any details on the Doanes calibrated scale? At this moment I am building my own scale, that should be finished by the end of the day unless the power goes out. My scale will be adjustable so that it would be in sync with the ones that other people are using.

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
                      Any details on the Doanes calibrated scale?
                      The only reference I can find is on the Lucky Bob site, under "DIGI-TUNE MAGNET & DOWNFORCE SCALE BY PETER DOANE"

The picture shows a harbor freight 1000g scale with some holes drilled in the cover, and rails glued on to the scale bed. I have no idea if this is the current design, but if it is I'm a bit skeptical that it could be calibrated or accurate enough.

I have one of these scales (from HF, not Doane). The 1000g range is too large to provide good repeatability measuring to the single gram. If I were going to build one of these, I'd start with a 20g scale instead of a 1000g scale.

DIGITUNE.jpg

Comment

The Magnet Marshal 2 scale is adjustable so can be calibrated to match another Magnet Marshal 2.
                        Plus the Magnet Marshal 2 is made by ScaleRacing LLC the very Company that is keeping SCI online.

Thank you for considering that in your discussion regarding scales to measure downforce.

Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.slotcarillustrated.com
                        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Are there lists of readings the MM2 has taken from 'typical' HO chassis?
                          Last edited by NicoRosberg.; 08-08-2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-04-2020, 11:36 AM.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

image_49840.jpg116213630_10163711587235447_2246139131942418003_n.jpg
                              Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-04-2020, 11:41 AM.
                              Alan Smith
                              SCI Owner.
                              www.scaleracing.com
                              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Here is the scale that I built yesterday while tree limbs were falling in my back yard. I had everything but the piece of 1/2X1/8th steel hanging around.

The bar is shimmed to be flush with the surface of the support for the car, there is a 1/8th inch hole in the bar for a car's guide pin. To calibrate the device shims can be added or removed. In order to take a reading the car is placed upside down on the support and the scale is zeroed. When the car is placed over the bar just the downforce will be read. The resulting value would only be useful for comparing numbers with those for other cars that were read on the same scale.
                                I checked four similar cars, they are all in T-Jet SS trim and they all have the same diameter tires. My Bacher car with an Aurora chassis read 11.7g, a clone that I did of the Bacher car read 12.9g. My T-Dash T-Jet SS reads 18.1g and the Wiz-Jet #70 car reads 25.7g. The Dash car has magnets that I measure at 920 gauss and the ones in the Wiz-Jet measure 955 gauss. In both cases I only measured the armature facing sides of the magnets. The magnets in the Wiz-Jet are closer to the bar I presume, if I am feeling ambitious I will switch the magnets in the two cars and take new measurements. For sure the #70 car is really stuck down.
                                If magnetic downforce becomes something that would have to be measured during tech inspections it would be better to use a well known device like the Magnet Marshal 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X