Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

site has been migrated successfully.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Goodness Paul - 3 replies, I feel soooooo loved.......... Oh, they're repeats.
    Best of all "el damp one" baiting season is open again


    Comment


    • #32
      Alan,
      First, thank you very much for your diligence. I'm sure this has been something that you'll never want to experience again. I just want to let you know that all your efforts are appreciated!!

      Russell,

      Welcome aboard. I'm from the mind-set that too much information is better than no information. Just so you have as much info as possible, I looked at one of my older computers and this is the URL I kept for logging in; http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...splay.php?f=15

      What I noticed, is that the URL I set into my favorites was a http, not https. Again, this is an older computer. I hope this will give you more information?

      Thanks to all!!! Gary

      Comment


      • #33
        Well done To all the guys involved in putting this all together.Good luck for the future.I really missed this forum keep us informed.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by fastlap View Post
          Alan,
          First, thank you very much for your diligence. I'm sure this has been something that you'll never want to experience again. I just want to let you know that all your efforts are appreciated!!

          Russell,

          Welcome aboard. I'm from the mind-set that too much information is better than no information. Just so you have as much info as possible, I looked at one of my older computers and this is the URL I kept for logging in; http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...splay.php?f=15

          What I noticed, is that the URL I set into my favorites was a http, not https. Again, this is an older computer. I hope this will give you more information?

          Thanks to all!!! Gary
          Gary:

          Actually that does. Thank you. However I went ahead and added HTTPS to the site anyways. (It is pain that Google Chrome shows any regular website now as Not Secure.)

          Comment


          • #35
            Gru - resized.jpgImage Upload is now working!! Behold Gru, the evil mastermind genius.

            Comment


            • #36
              Image Upload is now working!! Behold Gru, the evil mastermind genius.
              Gru - resized.jpg
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ralbrightii View Post
                Image Upload is now working!! Behold Gru, the evil mastermind genius.
                I can only see the image if I'm logged in, perhaps a permissions issue with the image in your user settings? (public vs. private)

                Also, the site was really fast when it first came back up, and now it's taking over 30 seconds per page load, sometimes failing to load at all. I'm not sure if it's because the visitor traffic has kicked back up again, or if there's a cache that needs to be cleared on the server or what, but it's definitely getting hung up somewhere.
                Last edited by el gecko; 02-13-2020, 08:24 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I have noticed the same problem with slow loading pages from time to time. In some cases I had to leave the site and come back to it a short time later.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I didnt want to pee in the pool, but it kinda looks like some familiar issues were successfully migrated as well. I'll third Nick and Rich's observations. Good response for the first couple of days, then quickly degraded to slow loads, which typically beget a no load, which begets "server fail/error". Regardless of whether one is lurking or logged in, the server kicks you off and then pops appropriate server error message depending on which side of the front door one is on.

                    Tells me the problem is still out in the parking lot by the guard shack.

                    .

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Yeah, there's still a lot to be done to get the site back up to speed; but I always figure when it goes offline, it's because somebody's fixing something. But the slow loading does seem to go on much of the time.

                      I still haven't got the pictures thing figured, but oddly enough I can copy/paste this image from my other Firefox browser.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Paul? Alan? - genius who got forum live again?
                        I have noticed I often cannot connect to the server, it just times out. Typically about 4 to 5pm West Coast time . . . or is that Wet Coast time....

                        Today it went while I was part way through final touches to a post. Fortunately I was able to cut and post the full text to a Word doc while I was seeing the dreaded "Working" for 15 seconds.
                        May be something my end with Norton, which I know can be a pig at times, but just mentioning.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by SlotsNZ View Post
                          Paul? Alan? - genius who got forum live again?
                          I have noticed I often cannot connect to the server, it just times out. Typically about 4 to 5pm West Coast time . . . or is that Wet Coast time....

                          Today it went while I was part way through final touches to a post. Fortunately I was able to cut and post the full text to a Word doc while I was seeing the dreaded "Working" for 15 seconds.
                          May be something my end with Norton, which I know can be a pig at times, but just mentioning.
                          Genius here....

                          Yeah, I have been noticing the forum going REALLY slow as well, and frankly it is ****ing me off. The server is VERY powerful (dual quad-core Xeon processor, 24GB of RAM and a 2TB hard drive), and the internet pipe is quite big for it (500mbps down and up).

                          I am messaging the people to whom I got the server from (leased from WOWRACK in Seattle, where all of my other servers are) and I am trying to get to the bottom of this.

                          However, I did do a reboot, and now things are quite a bit more snappy.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Thanks genius - I expect a fix by Tuesday - and a man on mars Wednesday..... Can I have a stuffed and mounted rock please.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Well it's great to be able to come back!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ralbrightii View Post
                                However, I did do a reboot, and now things are quite a bit more snappy.
                                Yes, in that respect computers are very much like people: we all need a bit of a boot every now and then...

                                Alwyn

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X