Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Design software for Policar track system

For Mac users out there.

Railmodeller - the German model railway and slot track design software for Mac and IOS, have completed a Policar track system file and will upload it as an update
    to the software in the next few days. https://www.railmodeller.com/home-railmodeller.html

I still have no response from Pierrick as to when he will update Ultimate Racer (UR30) to include the Policar track file for Windows PC track design.

But the files are available. Message me if you want a copy of the Policar track system file to add to your installation of UR30

Hi SlotsNZ, I have downloaded Policar files from Slotforum.com for UR30, but borders are not working ok for curves. Does your version fully works? Would it be possible to get your files? Much appreciated as without working borders its not much usable for me (I messaged UR support email but with no response yet) thanks, Michael
    For Mac users out there. Railmodeller (https://www.railmodeller.com/home-railmodeller.html) - the German model railway and slot track design software for Mac and IOS, have completed a Policar track system file and will upload it as an update to the software in the next few days. https://www.railmodeller.com/home

Comment

Try the attached files - but before using, change the name of policar_borders.txt to policar_borders.inc (I can't upload .inc files)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slot.it View Post
        Try the attached files - but before using, change the name of policar_borders.txt to policar_borders.inc (I can't upload .inc files)
        Thank you! I have already got new files from another forum (forgot to update this one ). The new files are superb

Comment

Welcome, but unfortunately there's a mistake in the R3 and R4 borders' code.
          Please find attached the revised file (again, change .txt to .inc)

Attached Files

Comment

There is also another software option for PC users.
            AnyRail
            Like RailModellers, this is a Railway software, addended with Slot Car track layout design
            AnyRail is a great software, it's very easy to build a layout without a pain: https://www.anyrail.com/en

You can use AnyRail for free if your layout has a maximum of 50 sections of track, above you have to buy a reg. key US$59

So we are quickly becoming well served, with one Mac and two PC software options for track design

Comment

Originally posted by SlotsNZ View Post
              There is also another software option for PC users.
              AnyRail
              Like RailModellers, this is a Railway software, addended with Slot Car track layout design
              AnyRail is a great software, it's very easy to build a layout without a pain: https://www.anyrail.com/en

You can use AnyRail for free if your layout has a maximum of 50 sections of track, above you have to buy a reg. key US$59

So we are quickly becoming well served, with one Mac and two PC software options for track design
              Indeed, there are more options, but UR30 seems still to be the best option out there; quality/price, at least in my opinion based on the analysis Ive done.

I am Mac user and been using Rail Modeller for a whole. It is a good basic slot program for Policar. However, there are few elements missing for me: borders and lane length. Apart from this its no near as easy as UR30 (personal opinion based on several months of using both). I would not recommend the full version of Rail Modeller (around 43 euro) for slots. Free version is ok if you don't care about borders. UR is only 15 euro and has all needed features.

I have not used AnyRail, but still 49 euro is more than 3x more than UR30. I guess those two rail modeller programs are perfect if you use them for both train and slots (mainly trains in case of Rail Modeller).

Comment

Thank you very much. I will try to update my library based on your files. There are multiply files flying around the internet and there will be changes in the future once new tracks are being released. It would be really beneficial to have one place for official library files - maybe http://www.policar.it/policar-track/ ?

Comment

One more thing as I was reviewing your files - I have noticed that your lane distance is not 9cm but 8,95cm - is there a reason? I have files apparently coming from the same author and even in the same version (attached) with lane distance of 9cm. Could you please check? :-)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Policar Track is around 31/2" inch lane spacing which when measured, as does NINCO, out at 89.50mm or 8.95cm.

This is from measuring my Policar Demo Track.
                    Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-05-2020, 10:08 AM.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.slotcarillustrated.com
                    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                      Policar Track is around 31/2" inch lane spacing which when measured, as does NINCO, out at 89.50mm or 8.95cm.

This is from measuring my Policar Demo Track.
                      Thanks. I have not measured mine, I trust you ;-) I guess Policar website states 9cm just to sound easier to remember Anyway, for track design programs it does not matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X