The 2020 F1 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
    The whole nationality-based support thing befuddles me too. The Orange army to me seems bonkers, since their guy is actually Belgian.
    Five years ago, this came up in DutchNews.nl publication:

Max is listed as a Dutchman because he is racing under the Dutch flag. He may live in Belgium and travel on a Belgian passport but Max told Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad last year: ‘I have lived in Belgium my entire life, but I consider myself more Dutch. ‘As a result of my karting activities I spend more time with my father than with my mother. I’m always surrounded by Dutchmen.’
    That's why, when his car takes off over the bumps, they call him the Flying Dutchman. (Actually, I just made that up ... ).

Comment

• Good joke.

Comment

• The Japanese, Singapore and Azerbaijan Grands Prix have been cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
          ... they call him the Flying Dutchman. (Actually, I just made that up ... ).
          His dad was also The Flying Dutchman in '94...his first race didn't end well with a horrific looking multi car pileup.

Comment

• 4 days to go.

Mercedes new 'BLM' livery is incredible.

Last edited by NicoRosberg.; 06-29-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• NR at #125-Thanks for posting this!

Comment

• I enjoyed that item from Sky Sports, well done Mercedes!

Here's a piece from the Official F1 site that folks may enjoy:

Comment

• Any predictions for the race at the weekend guys?

I will go for Verstappen, Bottas, LeClerc.

Comment

• To break his run of recent wins I'd go with Hamilton, Verstappen, Sainz.

Comment

• Here's a timely item from the Inside Line:

Note to NR - serendipity being what it is, hopes for more European races in the F1 calendar seem to be coming true.

Also, 'Happy Birthday', Canada. It rained out here on the wet coast all day.

Comment

• I'm not generally a Will Buxton fan, but thought this walk up the paddock area was interesting.

Comment

• Red Bull protest DAS as Mercedes dominate FP1

Comment

• Why didn't they protest in Australia? Let's wait 4 months then start playing silly buggers again because the fans love all that political rubbish that has ruined F1 in recent years...stinks of sore losers...that Horner dude is starting to **** me off!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevan View Post
                              Why didn't they protest in Australia? Let's wait 4 months then start playing silly buggers again because the fans love all that political rubbish that has ruined F1 in recent years...stinks of sore losers...that Horner dude is starting to **** me off!
                              Probably to minimize the time that Mercedes has to rework their car. Not that it seems like it would be that hard to remove DAS from the car. Didn't the FIA already say that it would be legal for this season only?

Comment

• They did.

Comment

Working...
                                X