Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with SCI?!? -- List them here!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SCI?!? -- List them here!!

So the new SCI has a much improved version of vBulletin that has a lot of significant changes both to the backend (what I see) and frontend (what you see). The forum has moved from version 3.5 to version 5.5.6, this caused a great many changes to how you operate this forum (there were well over a 100 install steps between the old version and the current version you see today).

Is something "not working"? Are you having trouble getting certain things done? Let me know here, so then I can look into it and report back (as time allows), changes made to make that happen, or if that feature doesn't exist, or how to accomplish this task.

Please bear with me, as I am just one little fish in this great big slot car pond that we all know and love.

Thanks Russel: this seems a good admin tool. And just to again say how much I appreciate what you are doing.

Alwyn

Comment

Well
      1) No-one has offered to pay me $500 per post for brilliant insightfulness or devastatingly good looks.
      2) Less important, but I only edited a post once to correct spelling errors a couple of days back and it went a bright shade of spam green.....
      I think that module needs a bit more leeway for us bad typers, so we can have at least a couple of cracks at sorting our mis-types.

Comment

Originally posted by SlotsNZ View Post
        Well
        1) No-one has offered to pay me $500 per post for brilliant insightfulness or devastatingly good looks.
        Just not touching that....

2) Less important, but I only edited a post once to correct spelling errors a couple of days back and it went a bright shade of spam green.....
        I think that module needs a bit more leeway for us bad typers, so we can have at least a couple of cracks at sorting our mis-types.
        Hmmm... not sure how I can fix this. It looks like in your post you may have run afoul with Akismet, which is an automated system for checking for spam content. I have no options to check that. Not sure how I can fix this one.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I'm just happy to see it up and running again. Thank you for that, and I'm sure it wasn't easy. My only issue right now is when reading a post and going back to the TODAYS POSTS page and getting the "forum requires 25 seconds when switching between forums" message.
          It has been stated that it has always been this way, but I don't remember having that issue when returning to the TODAYS POSTS page.
          Thanks,
          Randy

Comment

Really great to have the forums back up and running. But posting even a short text-only message makes it seem more like it is just walking - v e r y s l o w l y.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post

Hmmm... not sure how I can fix this. It looks like in your post you may have run afoul with Akismet, which is an automated system for checking for spam content. I have no options to check that. Not sure how I can fix this one.
              I'll do an experiment somewhere to check if I altered once or more then.... I had THOUGHT I could get away with one edit at least . . . but if we can't at least everyone will know not to touch a post again once done - and just comment separately if there is a big booboo in the first post.

Comment

There is no report button.

Comment

Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
                  There is no report button.
                  Or Like button, I like those...

Comment

I'll do an experiment somewhere to check if I altered once or more then.... I had THOUGHT I could get away with one edit at least . . . but if we can't at least everyone will know not to touch a post again once done - and just comment separately if there is a big booboo in the first post.
                    Mark, I can see where this led you to double-post in a different thread (where your input is still 'Unapproved' but currently I can't fix that). I've reported it, we'll see if it gets sorted by Admins.

My big issue at present with SCI is that following an extensive conversation with Russell yesterday evening, I now find I have to log in to SCI with my user name and password every time, even using Google Chrome which usually remembers everything. That should give him pause for thought! Oh, also I can't fix stuff like unapproved posts. Plus which, although as a Mod I ought to be able to view everybody's IP, all I can see for anyone including myself is the SCI site IP. And as mentioned once before, only when I'm logged in as a Mod am I able to see the Flag and Like buttons to push, or not. So still some work to be done. But I like everybody, so there you go ...

Comment

Ah Paul, no matter - as you can see, Chris W. wrote almost the same thing a day later. That one can stay buried.
                      Not having any issue with having to log back in - at all. Just slow as others have mentioned . ... and here was me thinking you held the keys to the kingdom.....

Comment

I t

i s

j u s t

t o o

s l o w

Great content. But not worth the time and frustration

Comment

Sometimes it is VERY slow for me as well, but at other times it runs OK.

Comment

Yes, very slow loading. The page usually pops up just before I decide to go elsewhere.

Also, new posts take a long time to load. Sometimes I will walk away to do something else while the site is "working".

Ed Bianchi
                            Last edited by HO RacePro; 02-25-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I too experience performance issues. It seems very erratic and random: pages can load near instantaneously and other times they could take 20 - 30 seconds. No pattern that I can discern: can happen any time of day. Or not. Posting almost always takes longer than expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X