Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with SCI?!? -- List them here!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing with a VPN into New Zealand.

Comment

• Currently, whatever you're doing is working.

I just clicked on Today's Posts, and it said ...
      Search Result

Search Results: 7 results in 0.0010 seconds.

Comment

• This test in the UK took about 4 seconds to load.

Comment

• Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
          This test in the UK took about 4 seconds to load.
          Is that better than it has been?

Comment

• Yes and no.

It has been that quick before, but it was more common for it to be 6 seconds or even eight.

Comment

• I just tried to start a new thread in the Vintage/scratchbuiling section, and when I posted it, I got a message indicating that I had to wait for Moderator approval......Is this a new procedure ??

Cheers
              Chris Walker

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisguyw View Post
                I just tried to start a new thread in the Vintage/scratchbuiling section, and when I posted it, I got a message indicating that I had to wait for Moderator approval......Is this a new procedure ??

Cheers
                Chris Walker
                Hmmm.... that shouldn't have happened. The policy is after a person has posted once they should be free to post as they wish. Your topic/post must have triggered something in the anti-spam. I just went into the admin side and didn't find the topic to approve it... that is weird (did someone else already take care of it)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ralbrightii View Post

Hmmm.... that shouldn't have happened. The policy is after a person has posted once they should be free to post as they wish. Your topic/post must have triggered something in the anti-spam. I just went into the admin side and didn't find the topic to approve it... that is weird (did someone else already take care of it)?

Just found the post "K&B lola T70" in the Vintage/Scratchbuilding section............seemingly, after a few hours it appeared !!.........Paul (Wet Coast Racer) did get back to me to say that the post did appear, but that it had a blue tinge background ??...........when I just looked it appeared to be fine........spoooookyyy !!

Cheers
                  Chris Walker

Comment

• Testing the flow of electrons to NZ today

And trying one edit, to see if I can get away with it. Initial post was under a second.

Comment

• Yeah, even the other Commonwealth countries get decent broadband, these days.

Comment

• Kidding aside, I just managed to post in the Argentina thread in basically no time, a moment ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlotsNZ View Post
                          Testing the flow of electrons to NZ today

And trying one edit, to see if I can get away with it. Initial post was under a second.
                          Glad to hear it.

Comment

• Testing on March 7th. 0935 GMT - back to about EIGHT seconds to post

Comment

• Ok... I had a cousin of mine who is a server admin for VMWare take a look at this server, and he told me my greatest slowdown right now is the fact that I am operating with a standard 7200RPM drive. He told me that if I were to upgrade this server to a SSD. (This will speed up things by a factor of at least 6.) So I am actively looking into this, I have procured another server with a SSD and will move SCI to it in the coming week. You all will know when I do this, as I will put the site in maintenance mode, meaning you will not be able to post, but that means GREAT things are happening quickly.

Downside, this will cost me an additional $20/month just for hosting this server.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• So I have created a NEW server, and I am doing some testing. This new server is a bit slower on the processor, but has a SSD. So far the test have been quite impressive. AND the server is in Paris, France. (Sorry folks, not Paris, Texas, USA.) And thus far my tests have been pretty encouraging. Even with my data having to travel across the planet to another continent, posts are being done in under 2 seconds. I have a small issue I am working through right now on that server, but when that is handled in the next few days. I will bring this site into maintenance mode, make a new transfer of the database to that server and bring the site back up over there. HOPEFULLY, everything will be MUCH faster for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X