Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with SCI?!? -- List them here!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I made some changes to the error pages.... if you guys experience a 500 Internal server error (generally only happens under certain circumstances), but now it is a lot more fun to look at. Who says that web developers don't have an evil sense of humor.

Comment

I'm glad you appreciate bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
        I'm glad you appreciate bananas!
        The banana reference was more to do with Mario Kart racing and old slap-stick comedy falling down from them.

Comment

Anyone having hard time reading the forum? My eyes are not that good, but they are not that bad either. I think the font is too small. I am having trouble reading both the blue topic and the black writing. I had ask this before when the form started back up.
          I dont have problems reading the other forms.
          I tried checking the font size and compared it to another form by pasting a sentence to a word document, and i think this is a size smaller.

results from coping a sentence from the form to a word document:

standard word sentence is Calibri size 11
          copy sentence from h_w form is latoregular size 11.5
          copy sentence fro SCI is Helvetica size 10
          Last edited by Lancelotalove; 03-23-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancelotalove View Post
            Anyone having hard time reading the forum? My eyes are not that good, but they are not that bad either.I think the font is too small. I am having trouble reading both the blue topic and the black writing. I had ask this before when the form started back up.
            I dont have problems reading the other forms.
            I tried checking the font size and compared it to another form by pasting a entence to a word document, and i think this is a size smaller.
            If it is the color that is throwing your vision off, you can change settings in your User Settings to change the Forum Style. You can change how the forum is styled there.
            If it is just due to size. Hold Ctrl and hit the '+' key on your number pad, that will increase the zoom on the page.

The font size as I understand is exactly the same as it was on the old forum. Sorry.

Comment

I'm having an odd issue where on the main forum page it says I'm not logged in and it fails to log me in even with the right credentials, but when I go to any subforum I'm suddenly logged in and I go back to the main forum page and I'm still logged in. I tried deleting and changing my bookmark, and still the same problem.

Comment

I'm sure Russel will have something intelligent to say on this, perhaps a more recent link to use (cause you won't get here now via SCI Magazine), but meanwhile I'll just ask:

What's your browser?

Have you cleared cookies?

Comment

Originally posted by HOguy_56 View Post
                  I'm having an odd issue where on the main forum page it says I'm not logged in and it fails to log me in even with the right credentials, but when I go to any subforum I'm suddenly logged in and I go back to the main forum page and I'm still logged in. I tried deleting and changing my bookmark, and still the same problem.
                  Hmmm.... that is weird.

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer
                  I'm sure Russel will have something intelligent to say on this
                  Well I can try.... have you tried clearing your browser cache? A different browser?

Comment

Originally posted by ralbrightii View Post

Hmmm.... that is weird.

Well I can try.... have you tried clearing your browser cache? A different browser?
                    I did not try the cache, I will do that next. As for browser, I'm seeing the issue in Chrome both on a Windows desktop and Android phone. With Chrome the mobile and desktop browsers are linked in some ways since I'm signed in with the same account so it could still be the cache. My bookmark points directly to slotcarillustrated.com.

Comment

Yeah like you i'm a Chrome user with an Android connection. It takes a while to clear cookies properly there, I've found, using Windows 7 on Laptop and PC.

Comment

Originally posted by HOguy_56 View Post
                        I did not try the cache, I will do that next. As for browser, I'm seeing the issue in Chrome both on a Windows desktop and Android phone. With Chrome the mobile and desktop browsers are linked in some ways since I'm signed in with the same account so it could still be the cache. My bookmark points directly to slotcarillustrated.com.
                        Actually one thing you can try is use Firefox/Edge/Internet Exploder (Explorer, sorry typo). And see if the same behavior manifests itself. This can rule out a few problems/causes very quickly.

Comment

Interestingly it looks like the problem has fixed itself. Maybe it was a PIBCAK (problem is between chair and keyboard ) problem. It was doing it frequently (not every time I came on but a good percentage of the time) but now seems to have stopped Will let you know if it pops up again.

Originally posted by ralbrightii View Post

Actually one thing you can try is use Firefox/Edge/Internet Exploder (Explorer, sorry typo).
                          Internet Exploder

Comment

I log in using Firefox and on the opening page I log in and it never shows me logged in. If I click on a link like this one then it shows me logged in?

Comment

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
                              I log in using Firefox and on the opening page I log in and it never shows me logged in. If I click on a link like this one then it shows me logged in?
                              This is a strange error, but fortunately it is one that doesn't appear to have any negative actions. I don't see the error pop up on my side, so I am not sure where the disconnect is coming from. (Really hard to troubleshoot intermittent problems you cannot see/replicate.)

Comment

Okay, I hate to do this. But I give up on SCI. At least until it can be fixed. It is just too bloody slow. Times out while I'm typing. Boots me off. Then takes a L-O-N-G time to finally post my reply.

Life is way too short to waste on this. Until the server issues can (hopefully) be fixed, this will probably be my last post here. Too bad... SCI used to be a GREAT resource. But this is too bloody painful to be useful anymore. Please write if you find a better server or hosting service that works. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X