Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ralbrightii View Post

Gentlemen:

Geez, first off, I am not a slot car guru. I have zero clue into this crazy culture that exists. The back fighting that I am seeing is enough to make my head swim. I know the IT world, that is what I am good at. Working in IT is what I do, I do not really race slot cars except on occasion here and there. Prior to being introduced to Alan last year, last time I looked at a slot car was likely 15-20+ years ago and it was likely an HO set.) During this pandemic, I try my best to help those that I come in contact with. Should I have posted that message offering something that offers will be hard pressed to find, probably not. In this instance, I was trying to help someone with product that I could sell that Alan doesn't work in. (Entirely different field altogether.) I have gone through and deleted my posts about offering to help someone. I did break them, and I have removed my offending posts and posts that directly relate to them.

And Yes I did talk to Alan, and he said that you lot would likely react exactly the way you did. I had faith that people would be better natured than that. I guess I read this situation wrong. Are you happy? You were right, I was wrong.

Get a grip guys, really? Alan did not spend all of this time and money, and I didn't spend all of this time to have SCI just implode due to misunderstanding. This is getting beyond the point of ridiculous. We are grown adults here. Let's act together like it.

Russel, I'm not an IT guy. Much more of an analog type. Heck, I'm not too sure if digital slot cars will ever catch on (looks for dinosaur emoticon). Thanks for deleting the offending posts.

In my lengthy experience as a moderator (which is what you are effectively, as well as an administrator) I've learned that members, naturally enough, expect those of us who are 'running things' to follow the rules at least as well as anybody else. Treating other members in a patronizing manner isn't going to help anyone. Never in all my years here have I told everybody to 'get a grip'.

I don't think SCI is imploding; in fact, it's well positioned to grow from here, and possibly prove to be more of an investment than a liability to Alan; let's hope that's the case. He's certainly done his absolute best for this hobby, here in north america, and many have gained from his efforts on every level of this hobby.

Also, somebody should tell SlotsNZ that real men use android devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
      Russel, I'm not an IT guy. Much more of an analog type. Heck, I'm not too sure if digital slot cars will ever catch on (looks for dinosaur emoticon). Thanks for deleting the offending posts.

In my lengthy experience as a moderator (which is what you are effectively, as well as an administrator) I've learned that members, naturally enough, expect those of us who are 'running things' to follow the rules at least as well as anybody else. Treating other members in a patronizing manner isn't going to help anyone. Never in all my years here have I told everybody to 'get a grip'.

I don't think SCI is imploding; in fact, it's well positioned to grow from here, and possibly prove to be more of an investment than a liability to Alan; let's hope that's the case. He's certainly done his absolute best for this hobby, here in north america, and many have gained from his efforts on every level of this hobby.

Thank you. I often say what I mean, and mean what I say. (I have no filter, and it has landed me in trouble more often than not.) That being said, I will likely be taking a serious break from this forum from any moderating capacity, as is often lauded at me, I don't know what I am talking about. Slot Cars are fun for me, but this site is a business transaction for me that I want to see succeed and in order to do so, I need to let this thing be. I will handle administrative tasks as needed. And that will likely be it for a while at least.

I agree, that SCI is poised to grow exponentially and can become an investment for Alan. Thank you for your work.

And I agree.... iOS is for dummies. Android rules!

Comment

Next meeting takes place in approximately 24 hours from the time of this posting. No matter what part of the "slot car" hobby you enjoy or are taking an interest in, you are welcome to attend the meeting and share your story, ask questions, or just watch and listen! Also, I apologize to anyone who cannot attend due to the time of day. The next meeting will be at a different time.
        https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8487199917...hocGpkVnRGZz09

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post

I will take that under advisement Paul You certainly need strong pecs and abdominal muscles, so may be a truism..

Russell - if you can get a hold of the TV Series of it, which pre-dates the movie, most afficiandos think the TV series was much better, and that the movie actually lost a lot of the feel, through time restraints and lighter entertainment for a world market . - Should be on YouTube

Meanwhile for your viewing pleasure

Ford Prefect "Going into hyperspace is rather unpleasantly like being drunk"

Arthur Dent "What's so unpleasant about being drunk? "

Ford Prefect "Ask a glass of water"

Comment

Meeting in a little under an hour. See you soon!
            https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8487199917...hocGpkVnRGZz09

Comment

Thanx to Greg for hosting today’s Slot Zoom.
              That was great to meet everybody and see some faces from over the years on SCI.
              i had a good time.
              thank you boys.

graham
              Langley BC, Canada

Comment

Totally. (Do they still say that?) Great idea, Greg, and good to see some people behind the names, there.

Comment

It's been enjoyable for me as well. Might need to come up with a topic or two for next time, though. ;-)

Comment

I did join just after midnight on my phone but there was no sound even though nothing was muted on my phone. I'll watch the replay...

Comment

Hi Greg, this is starting to get 'established' now, you mentioned having specific subjects to talk about, how about taking suggestions, maybe you could discuss one hot topic on top of the organic discussions which take place which bring out really interesting stories locked away in peoples memories and a great way to share them face to face.

Comment

Yep. I was planning to take suggestions for questions for the group to answer, or topics for conversation when I put up my next invitation. We're bound to run out of new guests to hear their slot car history soon. ;-) At least, not nearly as many as up to now.

Comment

Just a thought, but perhaps if you were to name a couple of topics in advance, it would help folks share their knowledge.

You could start with something like 'how to tune a non-mag Fly car' along with 'is SCX Digital a viable choice for a newbie these days', just as a couple of fer instances.

Comment

You're Invited!

Title: Worldwide Slot Car Chat #6
                            Time: May 27,2020 @ 1pm (cst)
                            Time Zone Calculator: CLICK HERE
                            Join Zoom Meeting
                            https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8537578508...lZZlhVSjc5Zz09

I request that participants mute their microphone unless they are speaking. If you are making noise, I will mute your mic, so don't unmute until you're ready to speak. Join the chat early to test things out and figure out where the mute button is. We are usually there 10-15 minutes early, but the recording will start on the hour.

We'll start with short introductions for returning guests, full intro for new guests who want to share, and then open it up to show and tell, news and reviews, and general Q&A.

For this episode, we'll be taking suggestions in advance for talking points and questions you would like to see us answer. If you have a burning question for the group, or a subject you'd like to discuss or watch later, please post your ideas below. I'll compile them all before the show and we'll see how many we can get to.

Come as a viewer or participant, either is fine. You can mute your mic and/or block your camera, it's up to you. There's even a text chat function that can be used if you don't or can't use a microphone.

I hope you are able to join us!
                            Last edited by MrFlippant; 05-22-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Time zone calculator...great idea!

Comment

Next meeting takes place in approximately 23 hours from the time of this posting. No matter what part of the "slot car" hobby you enjoy or are taking an interest in, you are welcome to attend the meeting and share your story, ask questions, or just watch and listen! Also, we are taking suggestions for topics and questions for the group to talk about, so please post anything you'd like to see or discuss with us.
                                https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8537578508...lZZlhVSjc5Zz09

Comment

Working...
                                X