almost have my Cox 2E finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost have my Cox 2E finished

I started collecting the parts in the 80s, it's been off and on at garage sales. I had so much trouble finding someone to repair the motor since it's chassis specific, and I had to send it across the US to do it, but i got rebuilt. So while at home I did some more work on it and have it basically finished, but I need to create an interior for it.
    here..enjoy

It has seen some track use, there is a scratch over the right headlight and the windscreen has a small crack in it, I had to recreate the arm that operates the wing from piano wire. It's also over restored, but I don't really care.

very nice!

Comment

Spiffy!

Comment

That's beautiful.

Great to see your pictures of that Cox chassis.

Comment

Someone was selling replacement windshields and headlight covers on Ebay for these and other cars. I bought a new rear window for a Cox Cheetah, and it is as good as new. If you want to replace the cracked one, you could try a search there.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by WRW13 View Post
            Someone was selling replacement windshields and headlight covers on Ebay for these and other cars. I bought a new rear window for a Cox Cheetah, and it is as good as new. If you want to replace the cracked one, you could try a search there.

Bill
            thank you, I have actually found printed wings for the H/O Tyco Pro Chapparals on Ebay

Comment

Done!!

Done!!

Comment

Very car, looks awesome. Would really like to see a video with the wing working!

Comment

blacksheep-1 - sweet build! Looks great!

Originally posted by geno View Post
                  Very car, looks awesome. Would really like to see a video with the wing working!
                  How does the wing "work"?

Comment

Working...
                  X