Monogram King Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monogram King Cobra

This body normally has an inline motor but I want to have a full interior and driver so I will try my first sidewinder build.

I'm waiting on a tip for my soldering iron so have started work on my body and some bits & pieces.

I altered the carbs so far and built the exhaust from scratch.

Body 2.jpgCarbs & Exhaust 2.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by geno; 07-01-2020, 09:22 AM.

Hi Geno,.........looking forward to seeing your progress........a sidewinder will be quite snug, but is doable, with some scale (narrow) rear wheels/tires.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

Finished my 1st sidewinder chassis, it was kind of a challenge, but I learned a lot and had fun most of the time.
      The hardest part was the rear body mount I had a hard time holding it and soldering, I only had 2 clamps and they were holding on the rear axle tube.

I will need to do it again it looks pretty sad .

Comment

Well done Geno.......

Cheers
        Chris Walker

Comment

Nice job so far! Can't wait to see the progress.

Comment

I don't think it looks sad at all Geno. When I enlarged that photo, it looked pretty nice. Sometimes when you need a 3rd hand while soldering, small pieces of masking tape can become your friend.

Comment

Looks very good. This is not an easy project. These are "very" small cars

20180801_080629 (800x341).jpg

20180804_215821.jpg

Nice work
              Randy

Comment

Small cars to work on, tell me about it. 90632548_10219942096437356_5543898804484308992_o.jpg

Comment

Nice build clever idea to use a pod. How did you mask the windshield?

Comment

Originally posted by geno View Post
                    How did you mask the windshield?
                    That 1 came pre painted. My other 1 I fully masked inside and outside (windshield not installed) then carefully ran a new #11 Exacto blade along the ridge line, same technique as bare metal foil.

HTH
                    Randy
                    Last edited by Dodgefarmer; 07-27-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Mocking up my interior my Immense Miniatures drivers arms are too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X