Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindberg 1/32 scale model kits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lindberg 1/32 scale model kits

    I picked up a few Lindberg kits which are a bit small for the scale but should look OK running against each other. May have to search for smaller drivers and wheels though.IMG_1253.JPG

  • #2
    I have both the Lindberg and the Revell SnapTite versions of this car. The 1934 Ford has a 112 inch wheelbase, that would be 3.5 inches in 1/32nd scale. The wheelbase of the Revell model is correct. The Revell version has a chopped roof. The wheelbase of the Lindberg version is 3.2 inches, so it is actually 1/35th scale.
    CB Design has 14X6, 14X7 and 14X8 wheels that might look a little better.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Rich, I'll check out those wheels.

      Comment


      • #4
        I know that this thread is a little old, but...

        Cool cars.
        I've got the 34 Ford body and the 196B Pitman motor to duplicate a car that I built in the 60's. Haven't found the proper bevel gears for the drive yet.
        A really fun little car (1/32).

        Long story sorta short, but while at a big road race at a semi-local shop, I was playing on the drag strip with my little 34. People kept wanting to see it run. The local rich kid, wanted to see it run. I did. He wanted my to up the voltage, I did. More he said, I did. He said all the way to 24 volts...I said no. He said that he'd buy me a new motor if anything happened. I knew he was good for it...so...I did.
        The car got about 2ft. and a nice orange flame came out from under the body, and the car skidded to a stop. One brush arm was ripped off of it's mount and wrapped around the commutator, the other had the brush material ripped off of the arm and welded to the commutator.

        Yeah, he bought me a new motor that night..!

        Mike

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for making my a.m. Mike. WOW! Great story. If ever a slot car video would go viral I'm sure that would have been it.

          Randy

          Comment


          • #6
            I had a car with a 196B motor back in the day, it was pretty fast even on a 220 foot track. I never had much use for bevel gears, as I recall they tend to be noisy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Here is what I did with my Lindberg Kit.

              image_54697.jpg image_54700.jpg image_54698.jpg IMG_0931.jpeg image_54699.jpg IMG_0929.jpeg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FunStuffOnly; 01-26-2022, 09:08 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Can anyone tell me how do I change my user name?
                Last edited by FunStuffOnly; 01-26-2022, 09:09 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FunStuffOnly View Post
                  Can anyone tell me how do I change my user name?
                  Shouldn't be a problem, but you'll need an Admin to do that. Seems kind of sad after 16 years of being here as FunStuffOnly, but no doubt you have your reasons!

                  I suggest you call Alan at 132Slotcar, who owns the SCI site. 1.253.255.1807 during west coast hours (that's about 7 am to 7 pm these days, only he tries to take Sundays off ... which is odd as he doesn't follow NFL football!)

                  Probably it will help if you're already logged in using one window when you phone him.

                  He's always reachable also at scaleracing1@gmail.com of course, but a simultaneous conversation on the phone usually works best.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great job on the Model T. Love how you did the chassis. I just found this 36 Ford kit and plan to start on it soon. Guess i will have a collection of Lindbergs soon. IMG_1556.JPG

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                      Shouldn't be a problem, but you'll need an Admin to do that. Seems kind of sad after 16 years of being here as FunStuffOnly, but no doubt you have your reasons!

                      I suggest you call Alan at 132Slotcar, who owns the SCI site. 1.253.255.1807 during west coast hours (that's about 7 am to 7 pm these days, only he tries to take Sundays off ... which is odd as he doesn't follow NFL football!)

                      Probably it will help if you're already logged in using one window when you phone him.

                      He's always reachable also at scaleracing1@gmail.com of course, but a simultaneous conversation on the phone usually works best.
                      Thank you I will give Alan a call, I wanted to find out when the Scaleauto F1s will be in as well. I am starting to show my many slot car projects on instagram and discord. I am using SlotCarHeaven as the name on both. I still use Funstuffonly, but that covers my many hobbies.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Van View Post
                        Great job on the Model T. Love how you did the chassis. I just found this 36 Ford kit and plan to start on it soon. Guess i will have a collection of Lindbergs soon. IMG_1556.JPG


                        Pyro Models are very good as well. The 1/32 scale Paddy Wagon is made from a Pyro Pie Wagon Kit. I use a lot of different options motor wise for converting model kits to slot cars. Sometimes an HO motor works best. I try and using Ninco Go Kart Motors if I can find them. I first try and add the motor to the model chassis. if that will not work I use an adjustable chassis.


                        102.jpeg 106.jpeg 110.jpeg
                        Last edited by FunStuffOnly; 01-27-2022, 08:28 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Those are nice looking cars! Back in the mid '60s I was racing at Motorama Raceway in Uncasville, CT. Someone showed up with a 1/24th scale Rat Fink car and put it on the track. Unfortunately, it did not clear the underpass and Rat Fink suffered a serious injury.

                          Comment

                          sex vidio
                          antalya escort
                          lara escort escort istanbul escort sirinevler escort antalya
                          atasehir escort taksim eskort lara eskort bayan bakirkoy bayan eskort
                          gaziantep escort
                          gaziantep escort
                          erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                          istanbul escort
                          kadikoy escort kartal escort
                          eurocasino
                          brazzers
                          Blonde and brunette dirty 3some in semi obscure Профессор трахнул студенту толстым хером pelicula embarazada por accidente
                          Working...
                          X