Ideas for BFOS 2k6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for BFOS 2k6

As the 2k5 season draws to a close, I've started fishing for ideas for the 2k6 season. If there are any ways you feel we can improve these events let's hear about it. For example, I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for:
    • changes in scoring for events or the championship
    • themes for events
    • tracks you'd like to race on
    • cars you'd like to race
    • going digital
    • minimum blood alcohol reading for points leaders
    • points bonuses for providing cars or hosting
    • crash and burn rules
    These are just a few areas off the top of my head.

Eric and I are hoping to include the Race Across America as two separate events in our championship at The Coffin (non mag GT and magged LMP cars), so it should be a very exciting year for us with even more racing!

I have a few thoughts and ideas myself, but want to hear what you guys have to say first. So let's use this forum as a brainstorming tool.

Racing with the BFOS crowd has been a highlight for me in '05, just wanted to thank the Dr. and crew for putting me in the grid!

My ideas for '06 may not be that thematic, but I'm pumped to host a ninco classic round [hurry up Mr. Postman!] and would love to see a Slot-it showdown too! Perhaps boring to some, but I like "class" racing, where the cars are fairly even laptime wise .... I think this makes each heat a great race unto itself rather than a race against the clock. I'll leave the creative rounds to more twisted minds!

Digital ..... you know it's coming! I can see that LeMans track now!

Regarding the championship, It's doubtful I'll be able to attend every scheduled race, so the championship becomes a moot point unfortunately [that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!]

Every race has been hosted with panache, and the reporting has been excellent ..... BFOS Rawks !

Comment

Split grids

What did any of you think about the Weissach race: 3 prototypes, 3 production cars?

Comment

In the words of Dr. Evil...

..."throw me a frickin' bone here, people"

Johnny,

Sorry about the Christmas card. In the ideal world where I have things like your mailing address, for example, it's something I like to send out. Besides, you told me that you wanted power taps on my BFOS tracks for Christmas. Well, they arrived today and I have to tell you that they are beauties! Heavy guage wire, soldered terminals, and terminal blocks to hook it all up. There'll be some steady power at the Targa Toronto.

Now if you guys will take some time out from buying all the 917LHs in the GTA and come up with some ideas for next season, I'd appreciate it.

Besides, Raceworld has the Martini T70 in stock. I thought I'd leave it for you, Johnny.

Thanks!

Comment

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. (Groucho Marx)

BFOS 2k6 needs the following:
          (in order of necessity)
          - good friends
          - cold beer
          - fast cars
          - long straightaways
          - tight corners
          - and the occasional pit babe (maybe this should be higher on the list)

The rest is gravy for me. Don't get me wrong, I love gravy and will support any suggestions for gravy that promote the social aspects of the events.

Comment

"A man's only as old as the woman he feels." (Groucho Marx)

Hey Johnny, how about spotting us three events for the 2k6 season. (You may think I'm joking, but he missed the first two events of 2k5 and still won the championship.)

Comment

spot me

Johnny only missed the first race. His domination at 8vus, Road Atlanta, and Weissach ensured the fact that he was going home with a calendar and bragging rights at the end of the season.

Comment

Hey Dr.,
                Is there a schedule of BFOS events available? I have been cooped up here doing a rec-room reno and I really need a break. But I would like to be able to plan my outing. Or if you just have the date and location for the next event that would be fine.

Regards,
                Pete

Comment

BFOS 2k6

Hey Legopete,

You are on the BFOS mailing list. The last event was the RAA extravaganza a few weeks back. I've just about recovered from the week of intense RAA toy car racing action.

I hope to have something to announce within the next few weeks. I guess your trigger finger is getting itchy? We'd be happy to have you at our next event.

Stay tuned...
                  Last edited by dr vanski; 03-28-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X