Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Carrera Digital Track Designs (Comments Appreciated!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Carrera Digital Track Designs (Comments Appreciated!)

Greetings!

Building the tables & supports this weekend...in the meantime, I can't stop playing with Autorennbahnplaner! Note, I realize that what looks like fun on the screen might be an impractical pain in the neck on the table. The surface is about 11 x 7.5. Comments and feedback welcome!

BWH Track 1.jpgBWH Track 2.jpgBWH Track 3.jpg

I prefer the last two, but my thinking is purely aesthetic.

Cheers!

With the table being so wide you have to be careful of marshalling. The top right is the easiest to marshal as all the major turns are close to the outside and the track flow seems pretty good. The different radius turns add to it too. The extra pit lane length is nice as well.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave! If memory serves, the top right has identical length lanes as well (13.4m). At that length, will additional power/jumpers be required?

Brian

Comment

They should all have identical lane lengths, as they are all figure of 8 tracks.

I also like the top right one the best.

Comment

A good rule of thumb is a jumper for every 15 track sections. At a minimum place a jumper right before the lane changers. On any one of those tracks a jumper before the lane changers should be good.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X